Dirt bike registration- illegal riding

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freak370

Reaction score
i dont wanna sound like a noob
but wats this about dirt bike registration and illegal riding
can some one fill me in
eg
Y
how much
where
etc

Hi mate
I got screwd by the cops 1 month ago rideing in my street.
i got a $1000 fine ( more then what the bike is worth lol )
this is in victoria

Y: illegal riding on teh street if it is not registered because anything that takes petrol or gasoline can be registered
how much: A HELL OF ALOT depending on gear u r wearing and were u were and the copp and they sometimes take ur bike

dont risk it

Hi 370,

Over here in Western Australia you can get off-road registration for a dirt bike or quad, which costs around $12-00 per year and is issued by the same place that does the road registration.

The state government has made a number of designated off-road recreation areas available, where you can your ride dirt bike or quad, without the need for a normal road license. You do however need to get this off-road registration, otherwise the ranger can confiscate your bike and issue a fine.

Once you pay the $12 they issue you with off-road plates, which you are required to display on your bike. This is so you can be identified if the ranger finds you lying dead next to your bike somewhere - don't laugh it happens!!

I don't know if any of the other states run this system - but maybe it's this type of dirt bike registration you've heard off.

Last edited:
I know they have something like that here in VIC, what I wanna know is what I'd have to do to my pitpro so It'll pass rec-reg, I'm guessing brake light, headlight, mirror and blinkers. which are all completely useless except for mirror which would be handy i guess.

ok thanks guys
but like
do i have to have it if i just ride on my farm ?
and a coulple tracks around the place

ok thanks guys
but like
do i have to have it if i just ride on my farm ?
and a coulple tracks around the place

on your farm no, you can do what you want
if you leave the farm and go riding through the bush you can get fined for unlicenced, unregistered and probably a whole heap more, even if it's just a little bit out of your land

MX tracks you don't need license either unless it's an illegal one

In WA you don't need any road going gear (lights horn mirrors etc) to get off-road vehicle registration.

You just fill in the application form which asks for the bike make, model, serial number and colour. You sign a declaration to say the bike is safe to ride and complies with noise output regulations. Once you pay the $12 fee, they give you a plate to display on your bike.

I think there are 4 or 5 designated off-road recreation areas around Perth - and having the off-road plate entitles you to ride on any of them. The State government has also made funds available to upgrade the existing tracks and are looking at providing additional riding areas.

dam u guys have it so dam hard over there........we don't need any reg to ride offroad, on road we do of course......There is one place that i have ridden where you need reg but that is like a highly populated ridin area and you have to pass through a shit load of shacks and stuff

Latest posts

Back