Dirtmax gunshot 86 build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

domotox

Reaction score
Hey guys
Picked up a dirtmax 86 last night off ebay. It was not as it was described but it is ok.
So the project begins.
The thing would not start last night but after a bit of mucking around with the 22mm carbie I got it to run it is just running really rich so a new 19mm carbie will be purchased today. The bike was a complete mess it was like they sold it on ebay and before I picked it up they thrashed it.

So needs new
Tyres and tubes.
Carbie
Plastics
Sticker kit
DNM 240 rear shock
Fast ace front forks

And a really good clean. Its had a partial clean but still mud and dirt all through the electrics. So stripping it down today to clean it.

Dirtmax.jpg

Ok so gave it all a clean there was garbage in all the wiring connections so they have hit with wd.
Still could not get it run with the 22mm carbie so purchased a 19mm and she is running much better. Tubes are in tyres and will be taking it for a little spin shortly around the work carpark to see if it is going alright

Sorry to hear the bike was such a mess. I reckon they took pics when they first got it and sold it with those images rather then what it looked like in reality. Gotta hate that. Hope you get it up and running soon. I guess you will have more satisfaction when its all sweet knowing what a mess it was at the start. Good luck mate!

That front disc is MASSIVE, must be fun trying to re-fit the calipers....

Yep it was a pain in the beep. The rear was the worst. Now they are back in and all the spacing is correct the brakes pull the thing up nicely.

Sorry to hear the bike was such a mess. I reckon they took pics when they first got it and sold it with those images rather then what it looked like in reality. Gotta hate that. Hope you get it up and running soon. I guess you will have more satisfaction when its all sweet knowing what a mess it was at the start. Good luck mate!

Yeah it looked much better in the pictures but for the price I got it for I am not complaining. Besides it is keeping me busy while work is quiet.
It is very satisfying the bike is running sweet now and it is clean as a whistle. Just have to get some CRF stickers for it.

Nice looking bike for the price (apart from the troubles), RRP $1350>
Dirtmax Gunshot 86 Pit bike USD

Have you messaged the seller to see what they say about the problems, If they dont want to help out then leave feedback accordingly

"excellent condition"???

86cc Dirtmax pitbike semi-automatic | eBay

It looks like the wheels are 12" rear & 10" front but the specs say 10 front & rear, How would this bike go with a 10" rear & a 12" front? Has anyone changed the front wheel to the larger 12" on a similar bike?

I am thinking about running 10" & 12" wheels on my Atomik which would be very similar to this bike

Nice looking bike for the price (apart from the troubles), RRP $1350>
Dirtmax Gunshot 86 Pit bike USD

Have you messaged the seller to see what they say about the problems, If they dont want to help out then leave feedback accordingly

"excellent condition"???

86cc Dirtmax pitbike semi-automatic | eBay

It looks like the wheels are 12" rear & 10" front but the specs say 10 front & rear, How would this bike go with a 10" rear & a 12" front? Has anyone changed the front wheel to the larger 12" on a similar bike?

I am thinking about running 10" & 12" wheels on my Atomik which would be very similar to this bike[/QUOTE

Yeah i gave them a message no reply yet. The bike overall was in terrible condition but after working on it today i have got it to standard that i am very happy with for the price.
The bike cracks now and the suspension i am quite happy with seeing it is fully adjustable. I can now see why everyone loves there crf50 style bikes.

It has 10"f 10"r it is a bit of an illusion i think.

Been thinking about the forks. I am not to sure if I am going to leave them as of yet they seem quite good. Maybe a oil change to a higher grade will improve them even more. I will give it a go today and see how it goes.

Check it out
This thing came up great.
New carbie has the front wheel lifting from take off lol
After cleaning it the bike looks awesome and with the sticker kit ordered should look a million bucks. But its from ebay so who knows when it will turn up.
Replaced fork oil to 10w and it made a massive difference. The oil that was in there looked like water.
Dirtmaxclean1.jpg

Dirtmaxclean.jpg

So just have to order my DNM rear shock.

And does anyone know what handle bars I can run on this.

Disregard the question about the bars going for some pro taper tuckers.

Disregard the question about the bars going for some pro taper tuckers.

ive got two sets for sale mate one set is brand new only bolted to bike never riden and another second hand

Ill sell you the new ones for $60

or second hand for $40

im in illawarra area too

Ive even got a new set of pro taper metal mulisha grips as well u can have em for $10

ive got two sets for sale mate one set is brand new only bolted to bike never riden and another second hand

Ill sell you the new ones for $60

or second hand for $40

im in illawarra area too

Ive even got a new set of pro taper metal mulisha grips as well u can have em for $10

Mate that would be great.
Keen on the grips to mine are a bit lose even after wiring them.

Hey is that a DPRO 160 in the pic. Just got mine the other day and could not be happier with the bike. IT CRACKS

Dude that is looking the goods!

Cheers mate.
I see there are a lot of guys on here from the gong.
Mate I am just down the road at lake Illawarra.
Where are you riding?
I am thinking of joining Nowra cause I need a membership somewhere paying as you go is a little expensive.

Just been on the miniriders online store and the black and white sticker kit looks the bomb. I think I might have to get those and leave the ones from ebay as spare.

What do ya reckon?

Last edited:
Mate that would be great.
Keen on the grips to mine are a bit lose even after wiring them.

Hey is that a DPRO 160 in the pic. Just got mine the other day and could not be happier with the bike. IT CRACKS

yeah its mine ive actually got two of them there excellent bikes ! Ill pm you my number mate and tea up a time and day :thumbup:

Cheers mate.
I see there are a lot of guys on here from the gong.
Mate I am just down the road at lake Illawarra.
Where are you riding?
I am thinking of joining Nowra cause I need a membership somewhere paying as you go is a little expensive.

Cool. Its a bit of a shame but I've had my pitty for a year and only had time to ride it twice. I've spent more time working on it and reading forums then using it. The older I get the busier life seems to get. Haha. I have only ridden on private property of a friend of a friend out Goulburn/Gunning way.

I get down to Nowra on my fullsize bike a bit, but that's registered so I trail ride. I haven't had much experience at the Nowra MX track, apart from sweep riding the 8hr enduro last year. Do you go there often?

I'd love to do a trail ride on the pitty down there, but don't wanna get busted. Haha.

Latest posts

Back