disaster.....

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pbk

Reaction score
well went riding and all of sudden heard a weird ticking noise cut the bike, tried to kick it again and there was like no compression.

i take the head to find the inlet valve not closing, immediately thought bent valve. i proceed to take the inlet valve cover off and hear a click and noticed the valve has gone back in so i take the cover completely off and found the rocker tappet nearly completely unwound and notice some metal shavings and saw the inside cover had been raped by the tappet

there all the pics below plus pics of the piston hard to see but there are slight burrs on where it looks like the valves have scrapped in the reliefs, i have found since that woggy reckons the reliefs are wrong which i have no doubt about so i will be grinding the piston slightly where the valves have scrapped heres woggy's piston http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn312/wogtaz/27062010845.jpg?t=1287718419

and apparently this is a common occurrence so i suggest those with v2 heads to check your valves and make sure nothing is loose

IMG_0455.jpg

IMG_0459.jpg

IMG_0462.jpg

IMG_0471.jpg

IMG_0472.jpg

Latest posts

Back