DMX Pro 140 cc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1Tidy1

Reaction score
G'day everybody

I'm new to the forum and just about to buy a pit bike but I'm a bit stuck on my decision
i don't want to spend more then Au$2000,- now the thing is i hear a lot of people that buy a real cheap one and can't buy parts for there bike so then Ur looking at the more expensive ones cause i still want to be able to source parts

Ive found this DMX Pro 140 cc now i was wondering do any of u guys know anything about them the Quality, parts, anything
here is a link of the bike
Cheap Pit Bikes, Dirt Bikes, Mini Bike Thumpsters, DMX Pro, For Sale - DMX Pro 140cc Pit Bike -Specifications & Pictures

Can u guy's please help me with this problem and maybe suggest another brands of bikes to look at

Thanks
Brian

it looks like a sweet bike man the gpx motors are pretty good but there is better bikes out there for that price.. try mso they are sweet bikes..

but it looks like a decent bike. is it your first mini ?

have you got a price for that bike? last I heard they were selling them cheap like $1200, if that's the case then you're getting an awsome deal.
it's fairly decent for a cheap china, it has sweet suspension setup, real tires, 1/4 turn throttle, crf style, lots of bling. I'd say it's allot better than a pitpro 140xr and with mso out of the picture it's your best option for under $2k

Thanks for the reply's guys This will be my first pit bike so far i just sold my KTM 300 exc and just want something to play around on haha and I'm gonna look into the MSO bikes

You'll only get an MSO if there's one floating around at a dealer somewhere. MSO the company doesnt have any more bikes. I dont know if they are still operating but you could try to contact them from their website and ask for your nearest dealer. Thats probably your best bet as far as finding an MSO goes. About a month ago DMX had a clearance sale and the 140pro was $1100 and the 150pro was $1300. At those prices they seem very good value. Just google DMX motorcycles and you'll find them, and ask for prices to see if the sale is still on.

Motovert are about $2500+ hes got $2000 but if you got the other 500 defenetly got the Motovert Expert... check out pitsterpro($3000+) NOT pitpro

01nutracing do u think that if the dmx140 pro is 1799,- still good value or not realy, point is i dont want to spend 2 grand and find out i jump it once and shit brakes instandly u know want alil bit of quality

Its really hard to say if 1799 is good value as I havent read any feedback from people who have owned one. If the forks are genuine Marzochi's I'd probably say that its worth that much but I dont know if its a real bargain. In the 50 brotherhood they reviewed one and really the only bad thing they said was that it sat a bit high for cornering and the distance between the seat and pegs was a bit close. It does seem to be made from decent quality parts so I dont imagine it would break straight away. The thing to consider is that postage has to be added on so it will basically cost you 2 grand delivered.
For 2 grand you would pick up a pretty awesome second hand bike or also you have the Dirtmax 150 which is about 1600-1700 or for about 2100 a FMR 140 expert which is well known as a great bike and got great reviews in the mag.

Also check out if pitsterpro still makes a cheaper version, I think it was called the x2 or something. Pitsterpro and FMR have a real good reputation. As far as value for money goes the MSO's are awesome value, you could try ringing or emailing them to find out dealers. Mine came from Brizzy and I was told that they had a couple of them there and also Cairns, so there are a couple floating around. Just remember that no matter what you buy, still spend a bit of time setting it up right from the start.

Last edited:
those marzochi's are lemons they are fake as it gets
only experiance i've had with the dmx/atomik nitrous has been bad

if you got 2k to spend look at ciniworx expert 140 or the 07 pro alloy frame proven tuff bike i think ya can land one of about $2500 which is an awsome buy

pitsters are a good bike but looking at 3k +for one now days

also look at the braap bike hurts me to say but for the bux they look trick just dont get a pink one

he he he

When you say DMX/Atomic Nitrous, are you saying that they are the same bike like Orion/Atimok? I'm not arguing just curious as in the mag both the DMX and the Nitrous are reviewed seperately and look totally different. Is the DMX basically a Nitrous with a few parts changed? If so Coolie would you agree that the cheapest highish end bike would be the FMR for 2100? Another thing he needs to consider is adding on the price of better bars, grips and a Unifilter. Its a never ending saga of if you pay a tiny bit more you get a better bike but the line has to be drawn somewhere I guess.

hmmmm

your right it a never ending saga but you can t expect to get into motorsports of any kind and not spend money
if you think thats the case you might as well sell up now and give ya coin to the Scientologists

um as for the dmx/nitrous yeah there about the same both an atomik import but the dmx was bought in to try and get a high end atomik into the market

the dmx does have better suspension but still not up to the quality of say a ciniworx 07 expert or a vert tyre r or the braap is in that class to and all about the the 2k mark

the fmr arn't to bad of a bike but i have my reservations on there cosmetics and still only a 140 in a midsize to get them in a 150 your looking over 3k which if your gunna spend that i'd go the cini 09 expert which has a 160

it's kinda to bad pitster dont do the x4 or x4r anymore they where a great bang for your bux bike but they are focused on the top end bike in the lx and lxr both bike a 3k plus

the mso sr was also good and i spose the fmr 140 is the equivelant but they haven't sold heaps because they have over price themselves to a certain extent

gee i must still be drunk what a ramble

Thanks u guy's for all the reply's and the help i picked up a DMX for 1599+delivery so i thought i got a good deal on that :) now the wait till it arrives at my doorstep

Thanks
Brian

Is it a DMX or DMX Pro?
The DMX Pro has Marzocchi forks & a DNM rear shock.
The standard DMX has lower spec suspension.

Latest posts

Back