dnm rear shock shim stack tuning

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tormentandglory

Reaction score
Hi guys, been a while since I was on here.

Has anyone had any experience with tuning their dnm rear shocks? I recently bought a new motovert pro, and the rear shock setup is rubbish. Unrideable. The damping in both directions is way to stiff. Playing with the adjusters makes very little difference.

I ripped it apart and it seems that the shim stacks are very thick. Sadly I don't have any fork/shock oil at home so I'm experimenting with auto trans fluid instead :-s

On my first attempt at re-shimming, I have turned it into a pogo stick... I'm about to pull it down again and have another go, but if anyone has some setup suggestions it would be very much appreciated.

Its the stock fitment motovert pro dnm shock with the piggy back reservoir.

thanks guys :)

Last edited:
Hi guys, been a while since I was on here.

Has anyone had any experience with tuning their dnm rear shocks? I recently bought a new motovert pro, and the rear shock setup is rubbish. Unrideable. The damping in both directions is way to stiff. Playing with the adjusters makes very little difference.

I ripped it apart and it seems that the shim stacks are very thick. Sadly I don't have any fork/shock oil at home so I'm experimenting with auto trans fluid instead :-s

On my first attempt at re-shimming, I have turned it into a pogo stick... I'm about to pull it down again and have another go, but if anyone has some setup suggestions it would be very much appreciated.

Its the stock fitment motovert pro dnm shock with the piggy back reservoir.

thanks guys :)

i know this doesnt have much to do with your post.. But you wouldnt happen to have a spare fast and slow clicker would you like the whole setup

Nah mate I got no spares, just the one I'm using. I'm making progress with the shims though! :) And the rebound needle valve is badly made, a bit of fiddling and it works much better.

Latest posts

Back