Do I need A Battery

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kwikaz

Reaction score
hi guys , is it neccessary to have a battery installed if you plan to only kick start your bike, im not sure if the bike needs the battery to feed any electronic functions for the motor?? except for the starter motor that is?? because i plan just to kick start my bike, thanks guys in advance :D

my batterys dead so i ripped it out, still kicks no prob

bike

what kinda bike you got friend?? mines an atomik 250cc proX its a china.

crapola

crapola lmfao good 1 , why you say that has it had heaps of probs hellfish??

Nah, I love it, twas being a bit hard......My forks are too soft tho.

But for me its alright to cruise on.

No you dont need your Battery or starter motor for that matter. If you intend to kick start I would piss them both off (you wll need to make a little cover for where the starter goes).

disconnect

so it looks like abit of a mess with the wires, are the wires separate from the other wires that go to the cdi and everything??

Its better if you take the battery off.. It doesnt effect anything on your bike.. On my first bike.. I took off the battery because it fried all my wires, then i had to get all the wires redone and a new CDI.

upgrade

i actually upgraded my battery then realized oh shiyt i dont even need it lol ? so its brand new and better than the original but im gonna sell it for $30 bucks, its for a 250cc zongshen motor.. hey guys ive taken all the wires out but i need to know what wires(colours of wires) are responsable for the spark to the cdi so i can conect them cause theres like five different colour wires(bunched up) comn out of the gear box case area but i only need two for spark im pritty sure?? nearly there :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

what kinda bike you got friend?? mines an atomik 250cc proX its a china.

hey mate

u get yout atomik prox 250 started without a battery?

i have the same bike and it has no battery wanna know if i can start it with out it coz i dont wnana get a battery lol

Latest posts

Back