do i need tyre levers?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol...have fun trying to get it over the rim, your best bet take it to local tyre place & let them do it on the machine, they will either do it for free or $10bux.
this will save your rim from massive screwdriver dents and scratches.

if you have to you can use large screwdrivers to assist in taking off the tire but you must be very carefull not to damage the rim plus not to pierce the tube, i suggest you firstly pore some hot soapy water onto the tire make sure all pressure is out then very carefully insert one driver but not deep then pull this back abit then insert the other driver whilst removing the first and so on until you can use your fingers to remove the remaining tire. the idea of this is to not damage both the rim and tube so be carefull and all will be fine. don,t forget the soapy water when you fit your new tire to the rim.

Hi, im still waiting on elstars to get back to me. I was just wondering how much they charge for postage, how much was the tyre to get posted? Im gonna get a 37t sprocket from them and i am just wondering if its cheaper to buy from them or ebay.
thanx :)

i just used 3 big flat blade screw drivers.. its a bit tight at the end but i was careful and was able to do it without scratching the rim.

Think about this. What is your rim worth? What is the tyre worth? What is the tube worth? One slip with a screwdriver can equal dent / scratched rim, pinched tube and usually busted knuckles. Not to mention an hour's work. Get it done professionally or invest in three tyre levers which should last for years (mine are over 30). Screw drivers are for screws.
:{)

Hey, just thought id let you know, elstars got back to me the day after i reminded them. They said that they will give me a 5% discount...yaaay (beats nuthin lol)!

Latest posts

Back