Does a good spark plug make it easier to start

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dunny29er

Reaction score
hey guys just wondering does a good spark plug make it easier ti start i have a DHZ DPRO 140 and its a bitch to start and if not what does make it easier to start im half dead the time i get it started.

Hey Dunny!
It could be part of your problem but if you have a decent spark plug it should be fine. Most people run a NGK CR7HSA type spark plug and they do the job great in a standard engine. If you were to really mod the hell out of your engine then you might be up for something a little better.

I would be doing a general service on your engine and that should fix it up.
Have you done your:
Valve clearance,
Cleaned out your carby?,
Checked sparkplug to see how its running,
There are a few things that you should be looking at so start with them. (Your thread doesnt suggest you have tried these so eh if you already have)

i got the bike new yesterday so i should i still have to do those things and i checked the spark plug its a NGK C7HSA is that good or a shit one?

i got the bike new yesterday so i should i still have to do those things and i checked the spark plug its a NGK C7HSA is that good or a shit one?

yer thats a standard NGK there are also NGK R which the code is CR7HSA

i cant imagine there would be much difference

there is also iridium spark plugs but you really dont need one of those

nah mate your plug is a good plug thats what people run on standard un modified engines. It could be the fact that it is a new bike you need to do your valve clearance and drop your oil etc and it should run okay.

yer im am going to drop the oil tomorrow thanks guys and also wondering what difference will it make if i get a cdi race unit sorry i ask alot of questions

yer im am going to drop the oil tomorrow thanks guys and also wondering what difference will it make if i get a cdi race unit sorry i ask alot of questions

i wouldn't waste your money on one of those put it towards a oko 26mm flatslide carby, for a 140 you will want around a 96 main and a 36 pilot, needle clip in middle position, between 1 to 2 turns out on mixture

It depends on the CDI system. Any china cdi system from dhz, ebay etc are not worth buying. Unless its a real good performance cdi box and costs atleast $70+ dont bother buying it. Put the money towards some good grips (pro taper are good and pillow top most popular) And maybe a better carby aka what penut butter kid said an oko 26mm does a lot on a 140 you will have more grunt!

im good with the current grunt if anything i won't less to powerful for me its my first bike but yer. Also i washed my bike today and then when i dried it stated to sqeak every time u compressed it anyone of fixing this?

im good with the current grunt if anything i won't less to powerful for me its my first bike but yer. Also i washed my bike today and then when i dried it stated to sqeak every time u compressed it anyone of fixing this?

wd-40 will fix this, just dont spray it into bearings

otherwise re grease your axels including your swingarm bolt and the two bolts that hold your shock on

Yeah buy some motorbike general purpose grease pull out your axles and grease them all up and your bearings and buy some loctite and loctite your bolts that need to be loctited such as triple clamp bolts, engine mount bolts, rear shock bolts, peg mount bolts...also buy a Uni Filter shitty china filters such balls haha.

Latest posts

Back