Does anyone know what engine this is?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

locko90

Reaction score
In this vid of the atomik nitrous, it looks like its got a z155 head on a yx bottom end ??

But when he starts it up and revs it up its not fast reving like my z155 it sounds more like a slow reving 140 so was wondering did atomik have there yx 160 engines with a heavyer fly wheel like the 140/125s??

Really interested to find out what engine it is and why it has a more lumpy slower pick up to the z155??

Atomik 160cc PitBike Review - YouTube

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Atomik say its a Yx 160....

As for the slow revving, it could be a heavier fly wheel but it could also be the carby too. I've never had a molkt so I couldn't tell you what they're like.

But I do have a 155z and changing from the standard Mikuni to an Oko definitely changes the snappiness of the throttle.

the oko 26mm?? does it give it more bottom end torque ?

yeah ur right its probably just the carb and not tuned right.

I would like to ride a 160yx that's got a bigger flywheel,

I prefer the bottom end grunt the 125/140 lifans have compared to the twitchy power of the z155.

way easyer to wheelie on a 125 cuz of the smooth power curve, with the 155z It just wants to flip, way harder to get the balance point,

(I'm not very good at wheelies) and I gota say its hard to learn on the 155z lol,

Was thinking about changing the gearing on me 155z.. like 1 or 2 teeth more on the front maybe give It a bit more acceleration might be able to smooth out the power Im thinking,
But I would probably lose a fair bit of top speed with 2 extra teeth on the front like 10kmph-15kmph?

Last edited:
It maybe just me mate but I'm thinking the opposite, give here a bit more top end and it'll settle down that tendency to want to flip (hopefully)

But that's one thing I love about the little 155z engine, it's got torque for days! Especially with the close ratio box that it's running! I actually set mine up the other way, 26mm Oko running pretty lean with a bigger better coil/ lead and plug setup + a few other little things and it hauls ass, keeps up with bikes double and triple its value.

I've never bothered with a 184 kit for it because I can't actually use it too it's full potential on a Sx track, mind you I don't know a great deal about proper setups for different tracks, so I don't mind leaving it as a bit of an all rounder.

Last edited:
Was thinking about changing the gearing on me 155z.. like 1 or 2 teeth more on the front maybe give It a bit more acceleration might be able to smooth out the power Im thinking,
But I would probably lose a fair bit of top speed with 2 extra teeth on the front like 10kmph-15kmph?
If you go bigger on the front sprocket you will get less acceleration and more top speed. Would make wheelies easier if your sticking to one gear, but harder to shift and keep the front up. The yx160 does have the bigger flywheel compared to the z160 to, but it has slightly stiffer valve springs so can reach higher rpm before valve float rears its ugly head.

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

i mixed that up man yeah more teeth on the front means more top speed hahah i knew that lol. But i was thinking 2 less teeth on the front would give that more acceleration and stop the bog down low which turns in to that burst of power that is hard to balance. Just the different power curve between the 125 lifan 155z

With the gearing it is now i have to rev it up heaps and dump the clutch in 2nd and it bogs rite out and get the front up but then the power kicks in just thought that more acceleration would allow the front wheel up easyer less reving to get it up

Latest posts

Back