Dogboy's yellow Z50J1

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dogboy

Reaction score
Bought a complianced frame, tank and fork tops. Fresh black paint:

smlpowdercoated-1.jpg

Painted the forks and rebuilt them with new legs/springs/fork boots:

forks.jpg

Last edited:
Decided to go semi custom rather then stock, so ordered a new seat and some alloy handle bar knobs and a chrome fork top plate:

yellowwj1.jpg

awesome dogboy, where did this come from???? hope the ape hasnt been put on the back burner i was loving that build

Looking good dogboy. Is that one of those minimoto headlights? Been thinking of buying a couple for some of the hardtails i have needing headlights, they seem like good value

Nice 1 Caine, J1,s look great customised! I can,t wait to get mine finished also.....Les

Got some Faddy gas shocks, alloy rims, some wide G-craft Steady tyres, Moriwaki titanium pipe and some paint on the tank....progressing nicely!

Photo0485.jpg

Just need some more cash to finish it off!

They're nice shockies. Had em on my J1 for a couple of years now, upside down though to accommodate the up pipe. Not worth frame mods when they seem to work fine that way around.
I think 280s are the smallest they have gav. They don't tax originality too badly at that size, they do look nice and meaty compared to stockers though.
Did you powdercoat the original springs and if so ever use them? Just wondering if the coating would eventually craze with compression?

Last edited:
looking good mate! im really loving it!

where did you get the shocks from? and what are they worth? im diggin' them! and im looking for new shocks for my jz :)

looking good mate! im really loving it!

where did you get the shocks from? and what are they worth? im diggin' them! and im looking for new shocks for my jz :)

there faddy shocks gimpy, so he got em off faddy website :deadhorse: he says there faddy just above lol\

trying to rival uncles yellow j1 are you dogboy hahaha, stick a silver j1 tank sticker on it just to piss him off

Latest posts

Back