Doms KLX110 mods needed

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

domotox

Reaction score
Hi Guys
I know I have had a few threads over the last couple of days and I would like to thank you all for helping with the decision on what bike to buy. I am happy to say that I am the proud owner of a 2003 KLX110. Picked it up for a decent price and the guy I bought it off seemed to really take care of his kids bikes.
I got it home and now the fun begins after a few laps with it it is clear it needs a new exhaust. It has the Ishock already and larger handlebars. It came with everything to make it 4 speed and a workshop manual so completely stoked at the moment.

What are some off the upgrades that can be recommended for the forks and overall strength. I was going to start with performance upgrades but have decided there is no use having more power if the rest of the bike is not up to it.

A pic of my new toy
klx110-2.jpg

nice, make sure you document the process to put the 4 speed drum in. would like to see it myself.

nice, make sure you document the process to put the 4 speed drum in. would like to see it myself.

Not a drama at all. I am clearing some room in my workshop at the moment so I can get to work on it next week. So many bikes to fix and not enough time. Just do not know where to start:confused-smiley-013

Hey mate :) that looks neat. You should get a dnm rear shock and some gpx forks, would be a good start!

90% sure they do, but if you go on motorbike city website they are on that site, it should say if they will fit

Dont china up ya klx!!

1 tip i got is because its a 03 model a few things differ from the 04 and newer models .

Couple things off the top of my head are gear shifter spline , maybe kickstart spline as well ?
And the engines are abit different , so i would make sure you look into that more if you decide to upgrade the motor .

Cheers so what fork upgradea would bethe beet with say a 400-500 dollar limit?

Yeah the forks are about 500, I've got them on my pitpro 150xr and they are bulletproof!

Ok problem with the rear shock it has a Ishock in the klx and it seems to only get 2 inches of travel. I am hoping the DNM rear shock is going to help out with travel does anyone know.

I agree you can probably find a set of KX65 or KX80 inverted forks cheaper & they will work better

Lotsa info & pics here (GIYF)>
Klx 110 Fork Swap

I like the FMF too!
CIMG0172.jpg

Cheers THUMPINOZ that is a cracking idea. First thing monday I am going to start searching around.

Dom

No worries, Pretty much what I would do if I owned a KLX110, Just need to see if the KX65 triple clamp set/bearings will bolt on? If they do then you just need the whole matching wheel & front brake setup

Plenty in here>
kx65 forks | eBay

According to the link below up to 2003 KX60 lower steering race is the same part so that would tell me that the pre 2003 KX60 triple clamp/forks mayl bolt straight on then use later model forks & disc brake?

Need to check out all the specs before though, Plenty to look through here too>

OEM 92047-013 Parts for 92047-013 Dirt Bikes | MotoSport

2003 Kawasaki KLX110 OEM Front Fork Parts | MotoSport

2002 Kawasaki KX60 OEM Front Fork Parts | MotoSport

Thanks mate.
After looking through all the links you have supplied I think I am going for some kx60 forks with aggressive springs. 270mm rear shock and extended swing arm.
This should sort out all the problems.

Once again thanks those links where unreal and helped alot.
Dom

Looks like the KX60 triple clamps will go on your KLX frame, The bearings are the same according to the part numbers below (links), As long as the triple clamp stem length is about the same?

2003 Kawasaki KLX110 OEM Frame Parts | MotoSport

2002 Kawasaki KX60 OEM Frame Parts | MotoSport

Triple clamps>
kx60 triple clamp | eBay

This are well priced but just gotta get him to send them for a reasonable price>
Make an offer & in the terms put that you will purchase if he can send them to OZ for under $50 US?
1988 KAWASAKI KX60 KX 60 TRIPLE CLAMPS | eBay

Let us know how you go with it

Last edited:
Kx 60 forks will slide straight into stock clamps , and the stock klx front wheel and brakes will bolt right up , you will just need a longer cable (kx60 front cable)

And also there is 2 models of kx60 forks , older ones are shorter .. not sure what year they went longer ? but i would try and get the newest set you can find.

I did not think it would be that easy, Was going to say if the KX60/65 tubes are the same OD you could just slide them up into the KLX triple clamps, Is the axle/triple clamp width the same for the KX60 & KLX110?

If not I would just use a set of KX60 triple clamps so no major modifying needs to be done and everything would just be a bolt up change over

Should be able to find a set of forks, Brakes, Axle & wheel pretty cheap then the front end should be able to handle some bigger jumps as long as the rear end is upgraded to match

Hi
Ordered a fastace 270L Shock and Some HD springs. Will this be a good setup with 15w fork oil. Or do I need to go even further with the suspension.

Dom

Spewing found some KX60 forks nice and close buy and I have run out of cash. Hope no one picks them up until payday.
Ok So I throw the kx60 forks on there and the 270L rear shock am I going to need a extended swingarm or is going to sit level with this setup?

Dom

Latest posts

Back