Don't no what's wrong with bike!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarkRayne

Reaction score
Hey guys I bought my misses her first bike about a year and a half ago and it's run perfectly up until now. It's a TDR 125cc semi-auto bike (ducar engine) I picked it up brand new for $450 off Ebay, so it's had a real good innings for a crap china bike.

The problem it has now is that it will hardly change gears anymore, you can shift down absolutely fine, but when I shift up the gears just don't want to go in, shifting up into second is ok, into third is bad, and then going into fourth it's almost impossible!
What I want to know is, what is causing this? Obviously it's the clutch but is it just a case of changing something simple which is cheap to replace, or is the clutch seen its last days? In which case it might be time for a new bike.

Also if its bugged and not worth repairing, some advice on a new bike for her would be fantastic. She's little, only 5,4 and 50kg, she's a pretty good rider but she has only ridden semi-auto. She would rather another semi-auto but could be swayed to go manual. I thought the little pitsterpro mx110 might be good for her, but I'll look into anything someone can recommend. Cheers guys

Sounds like it could be something to do with the gear selector, but could be also the clutch. Pull the side casing off and remove the clutch and clutch gear next to it and inspect behind there, but if your not confident with that and dont want to spend money on it then the mx110 with elec start and semi auto looks like a real good bike. But the current prob needs looking into if you plan on keeping it.

Sounds like selector fork to me, But If it's the clutch they can be replaced for a few bob off ebay just type in 125cc auto clutch

Ok so I removed the side casing and inspected the clutch and clutch gear, nothing stood out as being a problem at all, but afew bolts were looser than they should be so I tightened everything up and the bikes running normal again? I didn't expect that at all.

Anyways I should really post a different thread but I was wondering if you guys could answer Afew questions bout the pitster pro mx110 (my gf is saving up for one). So it's electric start and semi-auto...
In the future can it be changed to manual, and is it a seriously hard job, or can ya average person do it with some explanation and guidance? Also being electric start can the engine be modified with race heads etc (bolt on parts) or would u need to start changing things like Strators etc... I know these are very much future mods but I hate keeping things stock and am curious to no. Ty guys

That's good to hear, hope you didnt over torque the bolts...

as for modding the pitsterpro 110 engine it would be easier/cheaper to just bolt a gpx125 into the 110 when she wants the clutch/more power or buy a 125/140 outright for a better seat height(i hate being too cramped up).. there not too powerful stock so she should be right

No didn't over torque the bolts, done that before and snapped the bolt, and couldn't get it back out, so learned from that frustrating situation lol.

Ok thanks John, iv heard great reviews bout the pitster, just hoping because she's used to her 125cc bike that the 110cc won't be to slow for her (meaning I'd have to make it faster) but I doubt there will be to much in it. If there is we can flog it and get a gpx in there, I'm sure that will keep her more than happy!

Id say something just wasnt right and by you pulling the cover off and checkin stuff it may have freed something up, but is a wierd one cause when you can see a prob you can fix it but when you see nothing and it fixes itself can be a prob of its own, but heres hoping it doesnt bother you again

Latest posts

Back