doyles 88 build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doyle#23

Reaction score
hey all

this is my 2011 crf50 built up so far..

-pro taper mini racer bars
-tb billet 1/4 turn
-red baron seat
-black 10'' rims with millvilles
-tb 88cc race head kit (race prep)
-fast50s shifter
-fast50s rear shock spring
-tb rocker covers

Plans are to..

-TB manual clutch
-two bro's pipe
-sano pegs and mount
-new forks (not sure which)
-sano disc brakes front & rear
-sano swing arm
-fox rear shock

list goes on.

doyle.

5785d1331708385-doyles-88-build-img_2960.jpg

5786d1331708441-doyles-88-build-img_2961.jpg

5787d1331708499-doyles-88-build-img_2963.jpg

Last edited:
Nice build, sounds like a sick set up you have there!

thanks isaac!

tomasz burcon, not sure about the frame, im only 70kg so maybe not, what are your thoughts?

Yeah mate it matters what type of bike you are going for if you are wanting to go full "mod" i would suggest to get a new frame (billetware maybe?) but if you are wanting to keep it kinda stocker, keep original frame.
if i was you i would just ride the stock frame till you bend it and then get a billetware.

I would keep the auto clutch system, manuals only need looking at when you 12HP up maybe..

Nice tidy looking bike thats for sure.. now go get it dirty :)

first time ive looked at billetwear...nice gear!! mite have to get onto that...i was looking at getting a manual clutch for the 88 because its abit slow out of corners etc first time ive owned an auto and i miss the clutch bad. as for getting it dirty, yes yes i need to! reason i havent is because im in wagga with little or no fellow 50 riders which sucks and i am abit sus on running a stock pipe on a 88RH kit.

take the baffle out of the pipe let it breath a bit more and wont hurt ya motor at all
And im with eichkey on the clutch, dont do it , minis not a mini unless its auto

first time ive looked at billetwear...nice gear!! mite have to get onto that...i was looking at getting a manual clutch for the 88 because its abit slow out of corners etc first time ive owned an auto and i miss the clutch bad. as for getting it dirty, yes yes i need to! reason i havent is because im in wagga with little or no fellow 50 riders which sucks and i am abit sus on running a stock pipe on a 88RH kit.

Bit slow out of the corners.. maybe you need to adjust your auto clutch it might not be set to come in early enough ... the nut on the outside allows you to adjust it..

[youtube]1pP_L85mo7A[/youtube]

Yeah dont put a clutch on it a mini is ment to be a bmx with a engine once it dont feel like that anymore its no fun i reckon

thanks eichkay, after that 3min vids and a quick adjustment the clutch is loads better! only thing is 1st gear with the 88 is just about useless?

yea mate got a 15t on the front and 1st is useless, thinking of going ahp 4 speed?

thanks eichkay, after that 3min vids and a quick adjustment the clutch is loads better! only thing is 1st gear with the 88 is just about useless?

No-Prob's ... most people dont realize its adjustable and how easy it is.. and a lot of the time they are set incorrectly to start with.. no point spending money you dont need too..

yea mate got a 15t on the front and 1st is useless, thinking of going ahp 4 speed?

First is wheelie gear.. normally the first few mtrs on the start then straight to 2nd .. you dont need to wind it out in 1st generally.. and you'll find alot of the gear sets are shorter in 1st than stock is..

Maybe gear up again.. either drop the rear front 37 to a 35 or go up on the front to 16t.. it'll really depending on where you ride and where you want the grunt.. the taller the gearing the less get up and go your going to have.. only look towards 4sp if you wanna be hooking along quicker the 70kms imo..

I know doing 65kph (has a bit more in it but i haven't realy pushed it) on my taki 88 setup with 10x10 is a bit scary in the bush , so im happy with my gearing..

might start playing with rear sprockets, bike is going to be used mostly for track/bush gullys so i think your on the money with the 3 speed. once i get and exhaust and maybe an outer rotor she will really sing!

ok guys need some frame/swing arm and fork options, as for the frame options below (this is a build so im after help and opinions)
-redbaron Chromoly w/Billet Pro Frame Kit
-billetwear CRF/XR 50 Sportsman Series III Cradlemount Frame
-redbaron Black Chromoly Pro Frame w/ Alum. Sub Frame

The plans for this bike in the future is to get a daytona dohc engine so i want a frame that will be good for a 88/107 for now then a bigger engine later.

forks are an area im not to good with so any info would be greatly appricated, red baron g2 forks?

cheers

doyle

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back