dpro 140 upgrades and idea

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angusjones8

Reaction score
I bought my fiancé a DHZ dpro 140 new about 12 months ago for some fun while we are camping ect.
When I got it I dumped the oil and brake fluids and replaced with good stuff, stripped it right down and greased bearings and put lock-tite on most bolts, put on a hour metre, forged kicker, uni filter and good tyres.

It took some mucking around to get it tuned and I also ran it around the yard for a hour and dumped the oil again.

It has got 5-6 hours on it and I'm getting a bit bored of it so I'm thinking some better suspension is in order cause its pretty harsh. Also a bit more go would be nice but I'm more concerned with handling and comfort.

I'm thinking I should have spent more on a better bike but wasn't sure she would like it but turns out she does and for the money they are pretty bloody good bikes, still not near jap quality but seems good enough.

Throw out some good upgrade ideas ay.

well suspension wise you can go the moderately expensive route, or the best of everything lol.
cheapest upgrades that are worth their money imo is the gpx black label forks and a dnm rear shock.
if money isnt a issue then look at the marzocchi forks and elka rear shock but the marzocchi front end is upwards of 900 bucks :p

you could always try changing the oil in your current forks and maybe hunt around for some stiffer springs, but the gpx blacklabel front end is pretty good, a lot better than your standard forks anyway.

on a side note i happen to have a near new elka lying around and second hand set of gpx forks lol not trying to sell you my stuff but IF you are interested there are pics in the mini classifieds :)

yea, grab gottagetacheaperhobby's elka, its a bargain, you would pay that much for a dnm, and an elka is alot better. as for forks, there are a few options, you can get DNM M200 Hornets, Westons, GPX Black Labels, or Marzocchi. GPX Black Labels are a great all rounder, alot of people on here use them, and i have not heard anything bad about them. HOrnts come a little stiff, but a simple oil change and adjustment fixes that. Marzocchi are just awesome, and westons i have not heard too much about..

Mate if you've got the coin go the marzocchi and elka suspension! :)

But if you super keen on upgrading your suspension but funds are limited, my first upgrade would be the GPX Black labels. Buy them from Dhz they'll be at your house in no time!

Second suspension upgrade, (if the second hand elka is gone) buy the DNM Fully adjustable rear shock. Best bang for your buck IMO!

I can personally back both of these products and are far better than standard, by a mile!
I went the 730mm for my dpro160 only because I wanted a little more hight.
I'll also recommend a billet quater turn throttle too! If you haven't had an issue with you plastic insert on yours yet, it's probably due. :)

Oh and scrap the stock tyres too, there rubbish for anything other than riding around the back yard. For a cheap good rear tyre you can't go past Vee Rubber. Tried and tested they've got good longevity. Shouldn't be an more than $50 if it is your paying too much.

Hope this helps mate! ;)

Cheers guys,
Will look at that elka.
My throttle has jammed once so a billet one seems the go then ay?

Money isn't too much of a problem but too many hobbies is definitely my biggest problem!

Cool.
That Elka fit in the dpro fine?
If so can you send me a final amount with shipping to 2484 NSW and paypal email address and consider it sold.
[email protected]

Only drama now is needing some nice (read expensive) forks to match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Measure your current shock, iirc the Dpro's run a 285/290MM shock, so the Elka should be fine. I would measure first though, just to be sure

Yeh I'm at work till Thursday. I'll do some research.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back