drift bike project

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d1_drifter

Reaction score
used to have a ebay petrol scooter a whille ago, i put some bars on it and used to drift it on the grass like full on, so wanted to go a step futher with this, so this is a stuff around on paint that i put together, just an idea atm but tell me what u think.

Attachments

• d4c.jpg
    d4c.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 124
how are you planning on turning?

Get yourself a $200 125 pit bike and go from there.. it will be much easier..

My thoughts is I think you would be better trying to mod a bike to suit grass drifting rather than build something. Maybe follow the design of a flat tracker/speed way bike.

Good luck with it

well am gunna buy a cheap bike for most of the parts.
the frame/swingarm/forks are gunna be built from scrach, will
have adustable rake, adustable suspetion and a adustable goose neck.
if i could get like a 150 and work it a bit i should be able to get it to drift on the tarmack.
with a budget of 2 g i think i could build something pritty cool and driffent.

well am gunna buy a cheap bike for most of the parts.
the frame/swingarm/forks are gunna be built from scrach, will
have adustable rake, adustable suspetion and a adustable goose neck.
if i could get like a 150 and work it a bit i should be able to get it to drift on the tarmack.
with a budget of 2 g i think i could build something pritty cool and driffent.

im sure if you 160 ho it would drift for you

they sell for 600 and if thats not enough get a v2 head for it

drifting on grass or dirt is one thing...tarmac is completely different.

i doubt a 150 with "a bit of work" or even a 160ho with a v2 would be enough to drift on tar..

Or and going to put some pocket bike wheels on it
And gunna supercharge it

Or and going to put some pocket bike wheels on it
And gunna supercharge it

Does any1 no where I can get a supercharger small anuff for a 150?

Last edited:
fuk yeah ripping 4 posts in a row in a matter of 4 minutes. congrats.

seriously your not gunna get a 150 to drift on the tar man.. its hard enough to get a yx 160 to chuck a burnout down on the tar, the back wheel just jumps.. dirt / grass / wood yeah easy as but tar, nup.

what you thinking for tyres? something cheap will be your friend... cheapys are normaly hard as sh!t with no grip.. would suit your purpose in 2 ways.. little grip and cheap.. gunna need a few rears lol

Supercharge really mayb should have think before type ay and specially with design u want I have an idea for u though put down oil on tarmac and go nuts ay

The rear suspension set up looks a bit weird ?

usually the shock is mounted above the swinger to suspend the " upward " movement of the swinger as your weight pushes the pivot point down ?

Or is that how it's gunna work and I'm missing something ?

Supercharging has been done before on small engines but isn't an off the shelf, bolt on and go proposition. If you do google searches for "postie supercharger" and "monkey supercharger" you will find some info to get you started.

seriously mate dont supercharge a ****ty little china engine i dont think you would be able to tune it properly because of the size of the jets you would require it would flood out at idle due to forced induction not doing much at low revs

even if you did do that it would rattle itself to bits of course if you can afford to replace the engine every few months\weeks or rides go for it

maybe try building a zero tolerance head and barrel use no gaskets and it will scream although you need a surface grinder or a milling machine to do that

hope you can make sense of all that i know i just seem to ramble.............

Back