Dual Carbs? any ideas

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryan12590

Reaction score
Hi guys i was thinking about taking a stock intake manifold and transforming it so that it can fit dual carbs, but i was wondering about the problems such as throttle linkage and cast alluminium welding i asked a few people and they told me i could tig weld another type of steel onto in.Also what size carbs should i run, atm i am running 25 mikuni with uni filter im think i wouldnt run 2 of these it would be to big i was thinking about maybe 2 20mm or 2 18mm carbs. Anybody with expierience or any ideas on this please post them. Thanks

twin carbs on a single cylinder engine? save yourself teh hassles. getting the linkages set is the easy part. Fabing up manifolds and then balancing the carbs will be the hard part.

biggest carby i would ever run on a 125 would be a 25mm carby and max a 28mm carby on a 135+cc engine. So even with two 18mm carbys its way over the top. i think anything over 25mm on a stock engine is pointless.

spend your money on a turbo or something thats going to have more of an effect, have alot higher show value and just as easy to do once you find a nice sized turbo.

Interesting idea although I dont think we'll gain out of it. We've heard of four barrels on a 4-cylinder engine (or a barrel to each cylinder) but never more than a barrel to a cylider.

I'd be doubtful but'd be interested to what others may have to say.....

the twin carb is already available they mostly use them on the z50s for show .google up some z50 pics and you will see some of the weird shit they do to them they realy have a big following overseas ........

Theres some frequently on ebay with carbs included. Ill try and find the link. Was pondering the idea but possibly a bit exessive on the intake?

I wouldn't bother, will be a nightmare. The guy who had some on ebay was located in Greece from memory, name was like Athens_Olympics2004 or something and they were going for about $150.

"Theres some frequently on ebay with carbs included. Ill try and find the link. Was pondering the idea but possibly a bit exessive on the intake?"

possibly? lol unless your runing super high lift and duration cams, super big bore, and in excess of 10k rpm frequently its definantly overkill!

yeh thats like a 36mm , it will flood absolutley stupid.
get a 25mm for 110 and
26-28mm for 125 and up at the most

For fun you could try fitting two 18's and rig em for a two stage opening.

Latest posts

Back