ducar 125 to 140 can it be done

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tricky33au

Reaction score
hi all i have a ducar 125cc engine with a blown top end and a lifan 140 with a shagged bottom end . can i fit the 140 top end to the 125 bottom end . do they both run the same stroke? i know the gear box and clutch configuration is no-where near the same but im willing to give it a go..... ANY help will be much appreciated

um, i think it might be possible...

the stud patterns the same... just measure the ducars cylinder... though im about 90%certain it will be 80mm like the lifan 140...

what else? cam sprockets are the same. and the heads will be interchangeable as well, they both have bigvalve heads.

i havent pulled a cylinder off of a 140 yet, so i dont know if the spigot at the base is the same diameter... but im guessing it will be...

um. wrist pin might be a different diameter, not sure... i never pulled my only ducar apart either before i sold it, but, im fairly sure it has a 14mm pin...

cactus will post something useful, dont worry:)

until then, start stripping and measuring...seeing as you already have two engines that are rooted... but im gunna say yes, it will work:)

thanks mate im gunna start giving it a go tomorrow and i hope all goes well as ive just got onto a few more of each engine in various stages of disrepair

nope doesnt work gudgeon pins are a different diameter so i will have to try playing with the bottom end i will keep you posted

other than the gudgeon, how did it all go, measurement wise? like strokes and all that crap? you could always do the akunar method...and go high comp as well...:)

then find the clutch on the duc will start failing:p

i still like the sounds of this lil project though:)

i didnt check the stroke due to the gudgeon pin sizes being different and me getting the shits on lol ..... but im just stupid/stuboun enuff to get it to work eventually. i will keep you posted.... i also want to try do similar to a 110 quad if i can nut it out lol.... maybe i have to much time on my hands

Latest posts

Back