Ducar of Lifan?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CBR929RR RIDER

Reaction score
Hey guys
i have two (supposed) Lifan motors, one has the engine number prefix - DJ154PMI and the other has 1P54FMI, i suspect that the one which starts with DJ would be a Ducar, is this correct, can anyone enlighten me?

Hey guys
i have two (supposed) Lifan motors, one has the engine number prefix - DJ154PMI and the other has 1P54FMI, i suspect that the one which starts with DJ would be a Ducar, is this correct, can anyone enlighten me?

yep the DJ154PM1 is a ducar

yea DJ154PM1 is a ducar hope you didn't get ripped to bad

yes greg the Lifan is the better of the 2 motor's. this isnt saying the Ducar doesnt have decent performance but its made on the cheap and thus it isnt the most reliable of motors. the lifan on the other hand is made with a superior quality and componentary is in turn superior. hope the 2 motors didnt set you back too much CBR929R RIDER. maybe this should be reported to ebay so they know who is dodgey, or give him a nasty report. actually have you pm'ed the guy yet letting him know one of them is a Ducar, it may be a honest mistake hopefully. hope you get this all sorted out mate.

Cheers, Tony.

hey bones mate, just to throw something out there for you, I've seen lifan engines with TERRIBLE build quality compared to Ducar. And as for mechanic man, mate I've seen lifan port mismatches, valve gear mis-machinining etc that would have you gasping for air if you saw it! Ultimately in my experience, ducar 125 is very uniform in build -being that they are all generally the same, whereas the lifans have massive machining tolerances (and f&*k-ups) Talk about the monster 120 Lifan however, and thats another story....

....Just to let the people know that the budget series lifans arent as great as all the hype.

good input horde. i have been lucky enough to see a few lifans with mates, all of which come up great and havnt had problems, the only one that had a problem was one with some nasty valve pinging going on and that was due to my stupid mate adjusting what he shouldnt have touched all because the timing chain was a little loose and he confused it for something else. idiots hahaha. oohh well, great input again Horde, lets us all know that there are still risks with lifans regardless of what the reviews tell us.

Cheers, Tony.

Latest posts

Back