Ducars faster than Lifans?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chewy

Reaction score
Are ducars always more powerful than lifans? A mate has a ducar motor in his orion 21 while my RS125 has the gray lifan, and even after rejetting mine, modifiying the exhaust, swapping carbs, coils, CDI's etc between bikes, the ducar puts out more power than the lifan. Have I just got a dud lifan or are the ducars always better?
Cheers

possibly have different gear ratios in the engine and he might have different sprockets to you

ducar would have bigger valves (not sure if this would do much) but yeah

bigger valves but lower compression.

I'd say you've got a dud, you can't ride, or they have way different gearboxes/sprocket setup.

I used to think my old CR125 was slow and was impossible to jump, then cam from black duck took it for a cut and put it over the 100 footer first lap. Ended up being the idiot between the bars & seat....

The ducar was probably just run in better, who knows, I think they're both the same.

If you compare a 125cc ducar to 125cc lifan I dont think you'll see much, if any, difference in power, just difference in quality.

both the same engine differant casing
probably differant sprockets

you might want to do what crf said and adjust the nut that conects the seat to the bars

just a thought

idk about you guys, but ive always seemed to think ducars have alot more compression! i noticed when kicking one over (elstar ducar) it had WAY more compression compared to my lifan!

Ive been riding for almost 10 years now on a lot of different bikes. Yes the ducar is geared lower but if you compare the lifans 1st gear to the ducars 2nd there is still no comparrison, the ducar feels a lot torquier. I did do a compression test on the lifan and got 80psi so thats probably the problem
Can you get high comp pistons for the lifans?
Cheers

yeh you really cant compare one bike completely to another, theres just too many variables between bikes

Sure you can, and considering Ive swapped eveything bar the exhaust I think its a fair comparison.

Latest posts

Back