ducartech 125cc build up

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
awesome thanks so much for the link to the adaptor plate! might be able to fit the oko after all. just what i need! the valve covers and ignition cover are already 6mm which is handy.

i want to get an new ignition cover that exposes the front sprocket, was looking at getting this one but it seems to be a 2 bolt and im pretty sure mine is a 3 bolt cover. i will have to re-check tomorrow

IGNITION Side Engine Cover BLACK Carbon fibre YX Lifan (eBay item 160603945658 end time 15-Jul-11 07:53:08 AEST) : eBay Motors

Hey Mate I have an adaptor plate, exact same as in the link.
I don't need it so I can give it to ya mate,
you'll just need to cover postage, shouldn't be more than a couple of bucks.

Should save you from paying a ridiculous 25 bucks.
PM me your postal address if your interested.

Regards,

Carlton

its in the lower right of the pic:

5Parts.jpg

oh no wish u posted a little earlier! i ended up getting for for $17 of ebay from CNC aus and a 26mm mikuni carb kit from dhz on ebay. thanks for the offer though buddy.

No worries mate, sorry I didn't get this to you earlier.

Anything to see one more person with a bike to ride!

All the best,

Carlton

anything hey??! haha
cheers buddy, i messaged dhz and asked if they had any manifolds that faced directly backwards in 26mm they said no and neglected to tell me about the adapter plate

few more bits came today, plastics, 26mm adaptor plate, pro tapers, clamps, carb & clutch cable.

already have realised a few problems,

- front fender will hit oil cooler, so i think i will have to cut down the fender
- carb is pretty tall and just clears the tank, can the throttle cable be sat 90 degrees off the carb?

This is one of my favourite builds on the forum. Great work. I want to do the same to my Ducar 138 one day. Did you end up sorting out an exhaust for your beast yet?

took it into my mech, he is playing around with the engine mounts, hopefully should have it sorted by the end of the week.

i was able to fit the carb on the standard angle, the accel cable was just at the side of the tank so it has enough clearance. the air intake on the carb is only a few mm away from the frame so i cannot use a standard air filter. i am going to hack up an old uni filter so it is foam only and cable tie it to the carb, this is the only way i can see of overcoming this problem

lol yeha as if they didnt notice lol

where you get the stickers from?

from ebay, was about $50 with plastics and stickers

ok been abit busy. engine is in but have run into a few dramas

1. the accel cable is too short for the 1/4 throttle but is too long for the stock POS (carb is a minki 26mm)
2. clutch doesn't seem to be stiff enough, pull the clutch leaver in and you pretty much have to push it back out.
3. i have no FI how the wiring runs, everything was included in the motor but it has all different colored wires and no diagram, plus no kill switch was included ( going to reuse old one)

ok i found a wiring diagram. so its wired up all good. but.... ran into a major hurdle.....

the kick starter that was included with the engine doesn't protrude out far enough to clear the frame, well i thought i would nick the kick started from the old engine as it is the right shape and the hole is too small to go over the kick start rod... so i am unsure what to do now...

i was able to reuse the old throttle cable with my old throttle for now until i get a longer cable for the 1/4 throttle.
i am going to pull off the clutch case and tighten the clutch bolts as i think that will make the clutch stiffer so it draws back properley.

here is a wiring diagram to share with you lovely people for future refrences

ROTOR_KIT_DIAGRAM.jpg

also did the DIY ignition cover cutout. came up a treat

ok got the kick start this morning! needed a little bit of a love tapping to get on there but its a nice snug fit!
put some fuel in it to got for the first start up, success only for 1 second.
it will start for 1 sec then die..
just making sure but on my 26mm mikuni carb there is two fuel lines on top, one going horizontal and one vertical, i assumed the horizontal one would be some sort of overflow line and the vertical the fuel intake. whilst i was kicking it there was fuel coming out the horizontal, making me think that it is getting way to much fuel. does anyone know how to adjust the air/fuel ratio on the mikuni's?

Latest posts

Back