e-bay china bikes are f@#kin S#%t

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^^

good point, i no of a few wankers on here who flame china bikes 24/7 i wont mention there names..

I purchased a Atomik Hummer 150cc for my 14 year old son from e-bay, and I couldn't be happier, Sure you get what you pay for to tell you the truth I am not sure how they can produce them for the money they are selling them.

Sure they are not going to last as long as a brand name bike, if your not happy with the quality go out and spend 7-8 times the money and purchase a brand name bike.

Before all you brand name bike owners flame me, I am on your side I own a Honda XR200R ( which the Hummer can give it a run for it's money although my son is a bit more fearless when it comes to racing than me my 44 year old body hurts to much when I fall off ) and sure things tend to not break as much.

I can tell you if it wasn't for the cheap China bikes there is a very good chance that my son wouldn't be riding a bike at all as I can't afford to purchase a Honda,Yamaha for a kid that will grow out of it within a couple of years, I am sure there are guys/gals out there that will insist on buying name brand bikes and don't care about the price and that is great but don't flame people that only have the finacial means to purchase a cheap bike that there kids can get a great deal of fun out of, my son is just glad he has a bike to ride.

Sorry for rambling I will go now.
well said mate :) plus everyone knocking the hummers take note another happy hummer rider ;)

I purchased a Atomik Hummer 150cc for my 14 year old son from e-bay, and I couldn't be happier, Sure you get what you pay for to tell you the truth I am not sure how they can produce them for the money they are selling them.

Sure they are not going to last as long as a brand name bike, if your not happy with the quality go out and spend 7-8 times the money and purchase a brand name bike.

Before all you brand name bike owners flame me, I am on your side I own a Honda XR200R ( which the Hummer can give it a run for it's money although my son is a bit more fearless when it comes to racing than me my 44 year old body hurts to much when I fall off ) and sure things tend to not break as much.

I can tell you if it wasn't for the cheap China bikes there is a very good chance that my son wouldn't be riding a bike at all as I can't afford to purchase a Honda,Yamaha for a kid that will grow out of it within a couple of years, I am sure there are guys/gals out there that will insist on buying name brand bikes and don't care about the price and that is great but don't flame people that only have the finacial means to purchase a cheap bike that there kids can get a great deal of fun out of, my son is just glad he has a bike to ride.

Sorry for rambling I will go now.

Too right mate, I know I would have never got into the whole mini scene if I had not seen all these Atomiks on ebay and then bought a agb27. Since then ive sold that and bought 3 BSE made bikes for around the price of one old shitter jap bike. Im not putting down jap bikes its just that im sorry to say if it wasnt for the chinas I would not even have a bike right now.

China bikes verse Jap bikes

I was talking to the owner of a bike retailer the other day that five years ago only sold Honda's he still sells the Honda's but also sells a range of entry level China bikes. ( mainly targeted towards kids )

This guy has a very good marketing stratergy.

He has a lot of people that will walk into this store and look at new bikes 5 years ago when he had only Honda's for sale %90 of the people would walk out again when they see the price of the bikes.
Now he is in a position that of the %90 of people that would walk out now have the option to purchase a China bike and of the %90 of people that purchase a China bike will return within 2 years to upgrade to a new Honda.

He has a lot of return customers, these customers are VERY happy with the China bikes and have stated that without the China bike option they would have never got into the sport and would have never purchased a Honda at a later time, basically the China bike's get the customers hooked on the sport.

As in my previous post my 14 year old son currently has a china bike and he just loves going camping and bike riding and I have no doubt that when he is older he will purchase a name brand bike of this own ( he is already saving his pocket money ).

I am not sure of the figures but I beleive the industry ( and this goes for all industries ) it takes %500 more sales effort to secure a new customer as apposed to a return customer.

The whole scene wouldn't be anywhere near as big as it is if it wasn't for the under $800 china bikes. That goes for me and about 10 of my mates, no doubt it's the same all over australia.

if you spent as much time on your bike as you have devoted to bitching about it you wouldn't have any of these problems. simple formula for enjoying your life and your bike.... wrench time + common sense = fun, as for safety, if your that concearned buy a ride on lawn mower... cos nuttin on 2 wheels is guarenteed to be safe.

Gazza must sell that sort of e-bay snot. If you can't see it and sit on it then why buy it? Anybody who buys anything but a pen from e-bay is the most stupid person I know. Sorry to all you knuckleheads but really, have a think about it. Why is it being sold on e-bay? Because it aint good enough to be sold in a shop. All you find on e-bay is SHIT. Because most people who sell bikes on e-bay are assholes!

LOL man i pity you, like another member said you buy the exact same thing from Ebay for a fraction of the cost. e.g Pioneer DVD screen for my car, 750 installed at local shops give or take $20. Picked the exact same thing up of Ebay for $450 brand new unopened with warranty. Who's the knucklehead?

Cant comment on bikes but your comment was broad so!!

I bought my daughters a Chinese knockoff 70cc 4 stroke.It came brand new,wrapped in plastic and foam.Disassembled,the engine and frame bolted to a steel cartage chasssis.This was then inside a big cardboard box.I have a few niggly gripes with the darn thing,but at $800,sweet.I assembled the bike,I was responsible for it`s quality control.My father has since bought 3 Chinese quads and one 125 pitbike.He is lazy,he bought them already assembled by god knows who assembled them,2 quads the battery sucks-he can`t be bothered putting them on charge when out of use for a while,he boosts the ignition with a jumper pack.Now he has fried and stuck the starter and the coils are stuffed and it won`t throw out to engage and the solenoids are toast.He never tightened a thing-1 quad has the axle wheel studs stripped.The 125 pitbike isin the same boat nearly-starter relay and such went in back wheel,gearbox is downright mayhem because of lack of maintainence,low oil,clutch adjustments etc.Front brakes are too wicked to let me ever let my kids on it.Front forks are dampenned to hard for the load,doesn`t help in the braking dept. beleive me.He has cables sticking,loose steering components,hell the rear mono shock just exploded.It exploded because the locknut wasn`t secured on the ram and she all come apart.NASTY.He has broken the frame near the rear axle on the quad,tightened the chain up real good-then stuck weight on the quad and let them ride through the bush.He is hopeless.All this damage in 6 months.
What I`m saying is a bit of maintainence and care go a long way.Be happy with what you are riding now.Something better will come along.At least your riding something.

well hey there ive got a ebay china bike i got it brand new for only $485 and it a no name brand a copy of a pro x and guess what i might have had to change/fix a couple fing when i first got it but what every1 says u get what u pay for and all ive had to d0o is bought oil,spark plug,uni filter and there just things to suit mi likings the only thing i had to buy that broke was a heavy duty clutch cable and its fine now... so all im sayin is u pretty much hav to study the bike b4 u bid on it.. n mi bike still goes hard as now with nuffin rong wit maybe coz its a lifan but yeh,,, thats just mi 2 cents worth

Attachments

• 24.JPG
    24.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 19
its common sence to check everthin out on the bike b4 u ride it.... this would apply for all bikes.. it doesnt matter whether u spend $400 or $4000 its all the same maintenence schedule... i say it like every1 else ... UR LAZY!

"get rid of that chain that came with your bike there rubbish opt for a factory pre-streched chain such as slc ,ek ,d.i.d or rk"......unit_mx is right i bought a ares thumpster, start of a ride chain was tight, hour later it come off and screwed my lifan motor.....now that i have bought a new lifan motor would any one no where i can buy a pre-stretched chain?
cheers dan

Last edited:
its common sence to check everthin out on the bike b4 u ride it.... this would apply for all bikes.. it doesnt matter whether u spend $400 or $4000 its all the same maintenence schedule... i say it like every1 else ... UR LAZY!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Give the chinese a pat on the back

As far as the chinese are concearned, they set out to make cheap transport for a population that was poor but on the verge of the biggest turn around in wealth the world has ever seen. Now if the quality of the bolts and nuts aren't up to scratch, then spend an extra 2-3 hundred bucks replacing them with high quality items. you still end up with a very cheap ENTRY level dirt bike, costing less than half of the jap equivelant, and if the motor blows up, you can get a replacement motor for less than a piston and ring kit for a jap bike.

Throt, if you dont want to fix it properly, maintain it,expect things to go wrong, then quit riding and take up a sport that's suitable, like lawn bowls.

Winging is for loosers who dont have the courage to fix the problem at hand!

Latest posts

Back