Early Z50

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warb

Reaction score
I just picked up this Z50, told its a 68?.. Anone have any advice on its year?.. also parts, I need a few bits for it, kick start, magneto... here is a pic how I received it.

Attachments

• bike.jpg
    bike.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 81
looks like I need the fly wheel.. any suggestions for repro makers?

its a honda qa 50 these are earlier than the honda dax the tyres should be 5 inch ,the gear box should either be 3 down or it may have a hi/lo box ,1 down and its in a low gear .if yo clik up it will select a high gear .you have to be stationary when chosin gears .I have a genuine honda tank with the honda badges also have the genuine guards seat and a set of the same wheels ,been collecting the parts for a few of the old hondas for a while .how much did you pay for it ?.you will find the early ally magneto with the points set up is wht you will need ,Try ebay for an early Z engine and parts they seem to be on there quit a bit .

Last edited:
thanks mate, picked her up for a song... interested in the guards if you are selling, i just missed out on an engine on ebay .. cannot post a link as my post count is too low... there seems to only be the 2 gears.. will keep an eye out for an early engine for parts, thanks again for the tips..

they look the goods, bolt on and go.. there are a couple of them on ebay at the moment, will they just 'bolt on'?, do I need to make any modifications to the frame? Id like to keep it simple for my son at the moment, ie, centrifical clutch(spelling??), etc. however they a sitting at about $200 at the moment, that’s not a bad price at all..

its a honda qa 50 these are earlier than the honda dax the tyres should be 5 inch ,the gear box should either be 3 down or it may have a hi/lo box ,1 down and its in a low gear .if yo clik up it will select a high gear .you have to be stationary when chosin gears .I have a genuine honda tank with the honda badges also have the genuine guards seat and a set of the same wheels ,been collecting the parts for a few of the old hondas for a while .how much did you pay for it ?.you will find the early ally magneto with the points set up is wht you will need ,Try ebay for an early Z engine and parts they seem to be on there quit a bit .

Yep thats a QA50k0 1969-72. They are a two speed, you don't need to be stationary to select second! Parts are very hard to get - they virtually don't share anything with the Z50 so they are pretty unique.

I've sent you a PM regarding the bike warb... :)

thanks mate, got the pm, one back at ya..

will post some progress pics, need to collect some parts first, can anybody suggest any upcoming swap meets.. whens the next one at nabiac?..

thats it a QA50.. the hunt begins..

thanks to google..

vintage1971hondaqa50.jpg

Dose anyone have any Z50M (1967) parts they dont need???

restoring these bikes are great! but i ask why do people bother? there slow! and when you have built them u either sell them or dont use em much! i dont see any point.... u usually dont make much back on them!!!

i guess its just a passion? or something to do? im unsure!

restoring these bikes are great! but i ask why do people bother? there slow! and when you have built them u either sell them or dont use em much! i dont see any point.... u usually dont make much back on them!!!

i guess its just a passion? or something to do? im unsure!

I've had mine for 2 1/2 years. It's now more than fast enough to keep up with traffic and I ride it to and from work every day in summer for about $2 a week.
It also turns more heads and gets more smiles and thumbs up than any car or bike I've ever had.
It's true I'll never get my money back, but I never want to sell it anyway.

obvously crazy you havent done a resto,

well to have a road registered 50 is pretty cool, when you have as much passion of some of us here you do not question restoring the bike, you just do it and get plenty of enjoyment out of it.

buying and riding something is a thought

buying , fixing , testing ,assembling , understanding and riding is another

and if your looking to make some money... GO GET A JOB !

im getting a z50 off of my friend its wrecked but ill fix it if the engine is screwed ill by a a new one off eBay and fix the rest up!
its a green one hope to get it re painted to the original colour or maybe something different

bumping an old thread... i have finally pulled the motor and need some specific parts, the side plate on the same side as the kick, and the magento, does anyone have parts that I can buy?.. or and old motor?.. i can post some pics of the pulled down motor and damaged parts if that helps...

Latest posts

Back