Easy one. Carb/choke

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oznewbie

Reaction score
Hey Guys, real easy one !!

Agb-29. Ducar 125cc.

On the carb, the choke switch in the down position pulls the pin up !

In the up position it pushes the pin down !!

Which way is choke on/off ?!

Thanks

Should be on yours as per below, but I'm actually confused too!

switch up = on? Pin down
switch down = off? Pin up

Do you have a pic?

Last edited:
Pull your airfilter off, if it is a butterfly type it will be closed when the choke is on, if butterfly is horizontal and open than the choke is off and ready to ride.

Should be pin up = on, pin down = off.

That's how is is on mine, I just ran to the garage and checked, LOL

Sorry guys. Dont know what I was seeing earlier !!

Switch down- pin down
Switch up - pin up

So down is off ... Up it's on ?

Basically it's letting a little extra air in, right ? Via the pin being up ?

Other way around, choke makes it richer. There are 2 different types, one blocks off most of the intake(less air=richer) and the second type allows more fuel through an extra jet/passage(more fuel=richer). Usually the pin type of choke is the second type.

Last edited:
When I pull the airfilter I only see the slide.

Il have a read of it when I get a chance, just out a ride before the rain comes :)

Choke doesn't seem to b working now. It was though :S

Also on the way home , she fell on her side in the van ... Now it's pissin petrol out the carb ... The airfilter was also soaked .... I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the fall , or even the choke

Seemed to b running ok, although it was a small, tight, rough ,bumpy and waterlogged so didn't notice if she was spluttering a little etc.

Any advice ?

Il pull the carb tomorro and strip and clean, see if anything looks out of place ?! Any tips or advice ?

Hey mate fuel coming out is normal its just the over flow its meant to do that if laid on its side, what carb is it, to me it just seems like you need to get the mixture and revs set right. Also wether can play a role in needing the choke to start a bike, my 160 sometimes needs choke sometimes doesn't.

Thanks man, yea I think the float is stuck, it was runnin out for about 10 mins lol

It's weird that I used to use choke, now not ... If I was sure it was off - I wouldnt mind.

Il strip and see. Maybe leave it to get setup somewhere.

Anyone Any idea the cost of sonethin like that ? Setting up carb ?

Latest posts

Back