Electric Bikes, The way of the Future!??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foolsp33d

Reaction score
After the thread by Pickannie, I started to wonder about electric bikes and how valid the idea is.. Seems like a pretty frickin good idea to me!!

Dads,mums guardians...

Think of it this way.. would you rather let your child loose on a 50cc machine, with a relatively heavy rider/weight ration, oodles amount of 'dangerous' power and noise to wake the neighbours, recieve complaints, then to crush your childs dreams by telling them they cant ride anymore!?

The answer is HERE!!! www.oset.com.au

I wish these were around when i was a kid, Australia needs more TRIALS riders,we need to catch up to the skill level of Europe(where it is HUGE) the states and asia, What better way to do this then to introduce an electric trials bike! instant power, to climb those logs or ledges, a parent friendly restriction on the throttle, LIGHT, LONG run times, and the best thing... SILENT(almost)..

Personally, I think these are a MUCH better Idea than the current range of pitbikes available to the public and with christmas coming up and not slowing down, would highly suggest that any parent thinking of heading down the mini bike route, to consider these little beasts instead.

Balance, co-ordination, confidence, and an overall understanding of motorbikes, momentum, self control, will be gained though learning TRIALS.

Enough of me raving on about the bikes, heres some pics incase you havnt already clicked the web adress...

KEEP IN MIND THESE ARE DESIGNED FOR KIDS(3-10years!) although there is a video of a World class adult trials rider on one, just very... compact...

Spider 12.5
12-static2.gif

specs:

Wheelbase 71.1cm or 28’’
Seat Height 38.1cm or 15’’
Handlebar Height 63.5cm or 25’’
Motor 500W 24 V
Batteries 8.5ah Sealed Lead Acid x2
Controller Pulse Width Modulated, 40 amp
Safety Feature Parental speed dial
Front Brake V Type
Back Brake Band Type
Front Suspension Telescopic
Rear Suspension Spring
Tyres 31.75cm x 6cm or 12.5’’ x 2.4’’
Weight 21.3 kg or 47 lbs
Top Speed 22.5 kph
Colour: Multi-colour is standard.
Customs colours and designs available – check out these links
Warranty: 90 days

Spider 16:
16-static2.gif

specs:

Wheelbase 88.9 cm or 35’’
Seat Height 46.9 cm or 18.5’’
Handlebar Height 76.2cm or 30’’
Motor 600W, 24 V
Batteries 10ah Sealed Lead Acid x 2
Controller: Pulse Width Modulated, 40 amp
Safety Feature Parental speed dial
Front Brake: Disc Type
Back Brake: Band Type
Front Suspension: Telescopic
Rear Suspension: Spring
Tyres: 40.6cm 16’’ x 2.4
Weight: 57lbs
Top Speed: 27.3kph
Colours: Multicolour standard
Warranty: 90 days
priced at 1450 inc GST+DD.

Videos

16 backyard: http://www.osetmedia.com/Media/Video/16-July06-384.wmv
12.5 balancing: http://www.osetmedia.com/Media/Video/balance-nov26-1.wmv
12 & 16 one backyard...: http://www.osetmedia.com/Media/Video/Flints-Shop-1.wmv

(am i aloud to have kids just so i can buy them one of these!??)

AWSOME EH!

Foolsp33d

Last edited:
unless the neighbours are going to buy me one, I doubt I'd ever get one. I would only ride the streets on it lol

Last edited:
Plus a few CONCEPT bikes. Not all electric but hmmmm interesting
deinonychus_3.jpg

Polaris_Revolver.jpg

rMoto.jpg

Aprilia_kerkennah_motorbike_rear.jpg

I'll definately be putting a card inbetween the spokes with a peg just like the little kids on push bikes so they sound good hahha

unless the neighbours are going to buy me one, I doubt I'd ever get one. I would only ride the streets on it lol

did you even READ what was written dude!????? I didnt ASK if you would get one of them, it was a suggestion going out to the Parental members who may be considering a new bike for their 5-10 year old...

you would ride a ride on lawnmower down the street given the chance im sure... :rolleyes:

although i have wondered about your actual age.. i think you may be giveing yourself a little to much credit at times... think ahead..

ANYWAY!
Nice ones pick! the bonus with an electric motor is that you can go from 0-flat out |-| like that.. or you can step it |_-''| brushless is crazy fast if you want it to be.. just right about the batteries.. lipo is the way to go, but mega $$ for the size needed and a little dangerous to :D lol.. check out some RC forums for nasty incidents with lipo and overcharging/blowing cells/exploding.. lol

so most go a lead acid, or 'drycel' which are cheaper but 3-4 times the weight of how they would go being lipo..

Dont know whats worse. lots of small controlled explosions between your legs on a petrol motor, or the chance of one big bang with electric motor.

Scary thing would be pedestrian about to cross the street and then whack, cleaned up by silent predator.
Hope they come with stereo systems. Bangin out Guy Sebastion while cruising Lygon Street:D

Argh... What happened to the windscreen!!????? wayyyyy to many billys for this designer! lol
DSC03005.jpg

Lmfao. Looks like its for smoking billys while riding.They were smokin the chronic too. Check out the price $77 000.U.S.
Id rather have a Y2K:D
Or this. Lifes two greater pleasures. Drinking and riding
500 XE Cruzin Cooler
[500EX] $499.00
CC1s.jpg

Colors Available: Black, Blue, Red, White, Yellow
Style: Motorized Scooter/Cooler
Power: 500 Watt Electric Motor
Speed: Up to 15 mph
Run Time: 2-4 hours
Load Capacity: 300 lbs
Storage: (12) 12 oz cans plus ice
Controls: Twist Throttle & Hand Brake
Tires: Pneumatic
Brakes: Rear Disc
Features: Drink Holder
Includes: Charger
BTW Foolsp33d hows the KTM going? All good I hope

Last edited:
these aren't motor bikes but considering my bro is in a wheel chair it's the next best thing.

This one will smoke the front tyre up the street. The guy who bought it is a bit of a hoon. Its very cool to watch considering you don't expect to see a wheelchair excelerate like it does :) The front part just attaches to any 'normal' wheel chair with a battery pack on the back of it .

Image042.jpg

Second one is version 2
Build for distance & comfort not speed. Boat seat, detachable wheelchair wheels, solid tyres so no flats. It totally pulls apart to fit in the boot of my two door Charade!

Image002.jpg

Version three is being built now. Every where he goes he gets stoped by other wheelies asking about where he buys them from. Since he cant ride pushbike, car, or motorbike i guess this is the next best thing.

I think they are cool and really fill a hole in the market.

edit..BUT THAT IS A AWSOME IDEA!!! hope he has it registered..the idea obviously the chair dosnt have to be!

Bangin out Guy Sebastion while cruising Lygon Street:D

Lmao. thats funny as hell lol.

what about guy sebastian popping wheelies down lygon st? while singing to himself!??

guybike.jpg

And I hate it how paint 'toys' with my head!! ARGH! :( it was heaps bigger before:(

BACK ON TOPIC NOW!

Last edited:
no_crf50_here
That is pure genius. Love the concept. Hope your bro enjoys his 'toys'.
Cant wait for pics of new project.:D
Foolsp33d last cone for you today me thinks
Guy wouldnt fit into Rossi's leathers. You only daydreamin now:D

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back