[Electrical] Problem with my Atomik Motox 125CC

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weeksy

Reaction score
My bike has the key ignition and the kill switch with a electric stat button. I press that and it does nothing, I've connected the battery correct. Black to negative Red to positive. Doesn't even make a turning over sound when I try to start it. I've disconnected all the visible wires and reconnected them. Still nothing. can anyone help?

check your battery with a multimeter for charge and also check the fuse located near the battery. it should be in a clear fuse holder..
also make sure it is in neutral and you are holding the front brake lever in.

I know on the quads you have to hold in the front brake lever.. or clutch leaver.. Got a multimeter? Check the wirers..

1. get it in neutral.
2. pull the clutch in, if it has one...or the brake lever... safety requirement on any electric start vehicle, so it cant MOVE when it starts...tractors, bikes, whatever... (except cars, now i think about it...strange:confused: )
3. now try.

so...battery charge? 13.8 volts? any lower, charge it...

does it click or make any funny noises when you do hit the button? sure sign that the battery is low on charge(and being chinese, wont ever charge up again) or! the solenoid is buggered... little device that the THICK red wire from the battery goes to...

have you tried using some jumper leads and a CAR BATTERY?

if that doesnt work, then you have learnt something.... the battery is fine :p and solenoid is stuffed...or a wires broken somewhere/ not attached...etc

Latest posts

Back