Electrics stuffing up

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dirt Bikez & Pocket B

Reaction score
recently me electric start has stopped working. doesnt even make the noise, also it sounds like the electrics are messing with the engine. when bike on idle or cruising for 2 mins the bike sounds like something is spinning fast and cuts off. what could i do. :cry:

hey dude i did a full removal of all the electric start stuff on my dirt bike, worked out fine. if you want info on instructions let me know :wink:

Ok, when you open up the gearbox (which is on the gear shift lever side) you will see a massive round electric thing, this is the flywheel and magneto. try spinning the flywheel/magneto thing around and check that the chain that is running from that to the starter motor is tensioned reasonably well. if it's sloppy, that's your first problem.

r1_rider, your on the right track left hand side of the motor is the magneto the gearbox is center/rear of the main cases u cant see this unless u split the cases your problem is not here so your lucky as r1_rider said check the tensioner's for the starter chain u should have 3 plastic guides/tensioners if these arnt in place the sharter chain will slop all over the place and jump teeth all you do is remove the left case cover and just turn the magneto click wise make sure the starter chain turns with it

Latest posts

Back