Engine options,

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fenton

Reaction score
Ive been thinking about engine mods as of late and have some questions and opinions are needed,

My first is to buy a DHZ 140 engine, but I dont have any place to the oil cooler properly. And then try and bore it bigger and do some simple mods IRK etc. Cheapest option. (china weapon! lol)

My second is to keep the GPX and use some jap engine parts to rebuild it, piston, crank, cam valves etc! fairly expensive i know.

Or........................ mount in a Honda motor and make it a full 124cc? with the works, Jap style very expensive option

Your opinions.:cool:

yeah cash is kinda tight atm but hopefully get more flowing soon, would be sick aye?

drop a cr80 2 stroker in it with the box fits fairly easy if ya handy with a welder.... just make sure you can hold on... that could be done fairly cheap to. alot cheaper then putting a crf50 modded motor or stock that matter in...

a 80 is smaller in size then your 125! and if you find an old air cooled one its a breeze... but i would prefer to go with a watercooled which i will when my ducar dies but it just aint... i might choose the KTM 65 because its a screamer but an 80 just sounds better... look on a few american sights and you'll see it done heaps over there... i'd say better for freestyle...

i think a 140 lifan is sounding pretty good. dont worry about not having oil cooler brackets, theres always a way. either weld/bolt/screw one in, or do a dodgy like me and cable tie it to the coil bracket and the intake manifold on a dodgy angle. hell you dont even have to use the oil cooler

Latest posts

Back