Engine Problem

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daniel40

Reaction score
Hello Everyone

ive got an mxb and i thought the piston rings where gone but they look pretty good so i put the block and head back on now it has no compresssion at all and wont start there a gasket thing it looks like its made out of cardboard is that the head gasket?? i dont know wat the problem is now PLEASE HELP

Cheers Daniel

Hi Daniel 40.
Are you serious have you really re-fitted your cylinder head without fitting a head gasket ??? What do you think is going to seal the cylinder head/Cylinder mating faces without a head gasket ?????????????
It is great having a shot at carrying out your own work BUT !!!
If you are not sure what you are doing DO NOT TRY TO CARRY OUT engine work,at Find a bike mechanic or a friend with motor knowledge or you will only cause more dramas for yourself.In regards to the piston rings the average person cannot tell if piston rings are worn using the naked eye.You need to use feeler gauges at the very least to check for ring wear.
Get a mechanic to have a look at your bike

ive fitted teh head gasket its just i think the head gaskets torn

Never re-use head gaskets it is false economy !!! For the sake of a few dollars for a new head gasket you wouldnt be going thru this drama Dude !!!
Hope you get it sorted !

Cheers Brian

ok so once you take it off you gotta get a new one?? how much is a head gasket

roughly $15 for a head gasket,

the proper way would have been to do a COMPRESSION test FIRST!!!!

before just pulling it to bits,

as maylands said, theres not a hope in hell your gonna tell just by looking at a Piston/ring/bore that it is okay or not,

top stuff for trying though, but sometimes its just fool hardy to do certain things without any knowledge,

if your were local id offer to come help ya, but sorry your not!!!

find a mechanic and get it sorted that way, good luck though

i got a mechanic coming to look at it today but before i pulled it apart it started after about 20 kicks then i took it apart then put it back together proply the same as it was and now it wont start

just cause it didnt start doesnt mean rings were gone, theres heaps of reasons why a engine wont start,

a quick 2min compression check would have been easier,

sorry but iam not surprised it wont start now, wait til the mechanic looks at it, otherwise you might just stuff it up worse,

goodluck

no but blue smoke was comin out the zorst doesnt that mean teh rings??

Latest posts

Back