Engine protection

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FastMarty

Reaction score
Hey fellas... My YZ250F has a B&B bashplate on it, from the previous owner, which, is bashed ugly and heavy lookin'. Its actual weight is neither here nor there for me, but am contemplating getting the OEM plastic engine protector, and the small water pump protector also that comes on the bike from the factory. I'm getting new plastics and stickers and wanting to tidy it up some... and don't like the look of the bash plate, and only ride mx tracks ATM.

Question. Is there any need to protect the stator cover or waterpump cover further from crash injury riding on MX tracks? As in, does the side engine cases ever hit the ground in a crash?

I only ask, as the MX racer's seem to only run skid plate with no 'wings'... Enduro trails.. i totally understand the need.

B and b bash plates are 100 times better than oem plastic crap.

No real need for an extra cover. The b and b protects it enough.

If you don't like the look of the b and b then check out force accessories (google it). They are pretty trick.

Also for the bush rad guards are an absolute must. Lot cheaper than replacing radiators. Force do them as well.

Cheers Motorman... but do I really NEED bash plate for mx tracks? I guess thats my question... can I just get away with the OEM gear, or am i going to be smashing side covers every time I stack it...

For what $150 or something I think it's worth it. More protection the better.

Wouldn't be a must for just track work but when you spent a few k on the bike you want to look after it IMO.

Won't notice weight what so ever.

Definitely get rad guards ASAP though even for just track.

Thanks Motorman.. :) Will keep the ugly bash plate then... maybe i'll drill it out to make it look better. Will look into rad guards. :)

Check out the new b and b ones and the force ones for a better look.

I love my b and b and it's 8 years old.

Also a good case saver is a must.

Latest posts

Back