engine wont start

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilaidstamx

Reaction score
i have a ducar 124cc engine.

i was riding it about 2 weeks ago and it was going fine.then i put it away and then the next day i washed it and put it away again.

i havnt been able to start it since.

what could be the prolem?

i cleand the spark plug and tested to see if it sparked and it did (zapped the s### out of me),cleand the carbie and checked that the valves were opening and closing and it looked good.

got spark got fuel

id try disconnecting the kill switch and try that

other than that i have no clue but im sure some 1 here will

here's a bump 4 ya

It wont be the kill swich as he wouldnt have spark otherwise.

If you have definatley got spark and have covered all the no brainers like kill swich in run position bike in neutral clutch out fuel tap turned on and fuel in tank then your next most likley fault is a fuel problem.

It is possible that your carby is now full of water instead of fuel.

Undo the drain screw on the bottom of the carby and let all the fuel/water run out (into a container), turn the fuel tap back on and let a bit of fresh petrol run thru before you close the drain back up. and it probably wouldn't hurt to clean your air filter as well jut to be sure.

As you have said that you have cleaned the carby. Your problem is definitely the CDI unit, If you have spark, fuel, clean carby. I would say that when you have washed your bike you have drenched the cdi which will give your bike spark but will retard the thing badly, I had the same problem with a bike just recently, I had spark, fuel and everything seemed to be fine, I swapped CDI's and it fired first kick, I recon thats where your problems lie...

arrr this happened to my bros YZ250F it turned out water went in his muffla and went down his pipe and into his engine he just put new oil in and it was fine.

chees jacob

As you have said that you have cleaned the carby. Your problem is definitely the CDI unit, If you have spark, fuel, clean carby. I would say that when you have washed your bike you have drenched the cdi which will give your bike spark but will retard the thing badly, I had the same problem with a bike just recently, I had spark, fuel and everything seemed to be fine, I swapped CDI's and it fired first kick, I recon thats where your problems lie...

I read the post incorrectly and missed that you had cleaned the carby already.

Pegleg is right the next most obvious place is the CDI.

u no

the reason i said killer switch is

this 1 time at BAND CAMP

i washed my bike and same prb no go checked all the useual and everthin cool

was kicken me bike and noticed like smoke coming out of the ol turn me of switch and im like WHAT tha so i disconected kill switch and hey pesto seems there was a short as it had dirt and crap in it was able to give a connection but all i could put it down to was crappy kill switch

hence my try the kill switch comment

then my if that aint it wait till some1 who knows more

TAAA DAAAA hehehe

cheers

arrr this happened to my bros YZ250F it turned out water went in his muffla and went down his pipe and into his engine he just put new oil in and it was fine.

chees jacob

LOL.
When I was like, very young (4 or 5) I was helping dad wash one of his early R1's. He went inside for a seconds and i actually held the hose in front of the muffler, not just like a few drops, LOL.
For the next week when he road around heaps of smoke came outta the exhaust :eek:

Of course, at the time I had no idea what i was doing so he didn't care..

Good luck with ya bike.
Cheers.

lol i used to do that when i was like 6 put hoses down my parents car exhausts

thats why i dont trust our local fire brigade. i went over there once and they were cleaning the trucks and i saw a dude stick the hose into the exhaust pipe

hi sounds like your air filter is full of water dry it out and see how you go

Latest posts

Back