Engines

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brocko

Reaction score
Hey guys been looking around there seems to be alot of new engines around.. Not really needing a new engine, but replacing my 125 with a 160 would be mad! Just wondering wat your thoughts are on wat would be the best engine around atm? GPX 160cc, Lifan 150cc? I also saw on DHZ a new pitster pro 155cc? Wat do you guys think you'd put in your bike?

which engine?

hey guys,
i have building my own bike and would like your thoughts on an engine. im not sure whether to get the lifan 150, pitsterpro 155z or a yx engine.

i know alot of you will jump in and say that i should get the 155z, but from what i have heard the orc timing is wrong and isnt adjustable?

what i want is a really powerful and reliable engine? i dont want to have to modify it to get it running right, i just wanna chuck it in the bike and take it for a spin.

any help you can give me would be great.
cheers

dont think there's any timing issues with the 155z not from what ive heard anyway...

yx 150 /160 with the modified r/h case and gear shaft.

lifan 150 cool looking motor and go great pull like a 12 yr old boy and seem to be reliable

i reckon the LIFAN 1-fiddy or the 155z...
DamoJay has a fair bit of experience with this motor and hasnt mentioned much in the way of issues..
The Lifan 150 does have the reputation and hours under the belt already though....

TAKEGAWA138MXPADD.jpg

or this

_mg_1542.jpg

^^^the next best crate, i would'nt hold ya breath gotta love those skinny valve stems .... unless yx's picked it's game up ;)..

155z VS YX 169 - Planet Minis

Open to debate. ;)

It's a 50/50 mix on Thumpertalk.

That's made my mind up. I will wait for the 4 valve head YX to come out. My YX has never skipped a beat and it has been raced and ridden trails very hard.

They both have there strong points and weak. I hate that you basically can't do crap to a Lifan motor as opposed to the massive modability of the YX motors. Each to their own.

i too have a yx thats never skipped a beat although that was from the first batch wich had a lot less problems than the recent batch.. dont get me wrong i'm open to new things they've talked about this engine for 1+ years now and all i can see they've done is put a bore kit on a updated yx bottom end with there 4 valve head wonder if they've changed their gear ratio's???? thats where the money is... but yeah each to their own i might v2 my 155z with a decent tm 28mm carb and see where that gets me in the power race...

Last edited:
i too have a yx thats never skipped a beat although that was from the first batch wich had a lot less problems than the recent batch.. dont get me wrong i'm open to new things they've talked about this engine for 1+ years now and all i can see they've done is put a bore kit on a updated yx bottom end with there 4 valve head wonder if they've changed their gear ratio's???? thats where the money is... but yeah each to their own i might v2 my 155z with a decent tm 28mm carb and see where that gets me in the power race...

169YX plus a 4 valve head, I reckon it will cream the 155Z with a V2 head. If the gearbox holds up. lol. Your right, the gear ratios do need to be looked at. I reckon that's something they will change.

Keep reading the thread. It's getting interesting. :D

169YX plus a 4 valve head, I reckon it will cream the 155Z with a V2 head. If the gearbox holds up. lol. Your right, the gear ratios do need to be looked at. I reckon that's something they will change.

Keep reading the thread. It's getting interesting. :D

lol yeah i read that thread the other day good info in there ya just have to sift through the crap.. and of course the 169/172 4v(what ever they decide) will walk a 155z with a v2 but i aint looking to win the cc race geez i have enough fun on a stock 50 maybe 1 day i feel the need for a fire breathing monster...

lol yeah i read that thread the other day good info in there ya just have to sift through the crap.. and of course the 169/172 4v(what ever they decide) will walk a 155z with a v2 but i aint looking to win the cc race geez i have enough fun on a stock 50 maybe 1 day i feel the need for a fire breathing monster...

I'm thinking about doing a project with a CR250R motor in a CR85 big wheel frame. Now that will have some poke.

Latest posts

Back