Essential Riding Gear?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MitchAustralia

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I own a PitPro XR 140cc and at the moment I have a helmet, goggles and gloves.
Was wondering what the next most important part of riding gear I should buy or ask for christmas or b'day.
I was thinking boots? Other people said jerseys and pants.
I would appreciate your opinion on what I should buy next based on how important it is.

Thanks, Mitch.

from important down
-neck brace
-knee braces
-cheast/back armour
-boots
-pants
-jersey

bolded are the ones you would get in order because your not racing and doing FMX ect.

Last edited:
i own alpinestars tech 10 boots nd m8 you can't wear em while riding a mini. there 2 big nd heavy. jst go get urself some steel cap boots. that'll do. volleys steelcaps.

ive got thor 50/50 boots and love em only one time broke a strap and got a free one sent from states the people from thor are great to deal with

in order

helmet, well that's a no-brainer
boots... I found out the hard way, was only wearing steel caps so the middle of my foot wasn't protected, missed 3 weeks of work and crutchered/hopped/limped around for 2 months
gloves, nothing like a palm full of gravel
pants, good quality kevlar

that's all I think is essential but if your really hardcore you should probably get chest/back armour that sort of stuff

jersy's not for protecting just good airflow for comfort and looks good if it suits the pants, they have a little bit of padding but that ain't gonna protect ya

Last edited:
yeh im just riding around in my paddock and I am still learning so wont be doing anything too crazy, yet.
I will probably get boots :) thanks for helping me out with that.
now my next question is which ones to buy!
I have a PitPro XR 140cc so would riding boots be too big to fit under the gear lever?
I will attach a picture of my bike if you need to see where the gear lever is.
l_c42dafe7536047a4959a2f504a898387.jpg

Would those 50/50 boots be suitable?
Im turning 15 this year if that helps?

Thanks, Mitch.

50/50 boots are made for pitbikes so they'd be the most comfortable but they don't offer nearly as much protection as fullsize boots, cost around $200,
if you get fullsize boots just move the gear lever up a bit, that's what I'm gonna do when I get my thor quadrants

well i wear fox comp 5 boots & they are fine! you just gotta move your gear lever up a few notches...if you get boots don't grump cause they are too stiff & hard to move your foot in, cause you just have to wear them in & you'll be fine! i would get some boots first man,, and then get knee gaurds and a pair of pants...

p.s. get boots that are a bit too big for you cause your foot will grow! im only size 6 in skate shoes and i wear size 8 boots lol!

Corey.

Last edited:
I run full size boots ... ya get used to it

gazzasresize062.jpg

And I like to plant my foot and I've rolled the sh@t outta my akle in 50 boots

gazzasresized045.jpg

It's up to you but in my opinion if ya can get used to riding in fullsize boots you'll be better off.

yea trust me you need steel caps or full size boots....was riding the other day with just standard work boots in the bush and rock or big stick smacked me in the foot(hurt a bit) so now im tryin to get my steel caps sooner....

To move them up. ALL you have to do is undo one bolt, take the lever off then put it back on, a little higher then last time and finally. Redo the bolt! EASY AS PIE! :)

so what would the 50/50 boots come under?

they're called play bike boots,
I was gonna get them but after hurting my foot so badly even while wearing steel caps I decided I gotta get real boots or nothing, seriously they're not that much better than steel caps I've tried them on and had a good look at them and I don't think they're worth the $. full size thor quadrants are about $50 more than the 50/50's so I'm gonna get them

yer if you know how to tighten & loosen bolts its easy as! umm well mine arnt even fully worn in yet & when they werent even worn in a bit ive gone for 1 ride for like 45mins (cause i snapped my swingarm bolt) and they were fine!...i would probs say walk around in them for a day & step in some puddles & stuff haha!

Hope this helps!

Corey.

wel its up to you i attempted big boots and just simply didnt work for me maybe i didnt give it enough time so maybe eventually i will try the big ones but honestly its up to you if you wanted to you could get some knee/shin guards with the 50 boots bit of course extra dosh but easier to move

thor quadrants and o'neil clutch are the cheapest good brand boots around here, both around the $250 mark. I like the the thor's myself but you gotta go to the shop's and see what you find more comfortable.

it's up to you if ya want full size or 50/50. 50/50 is more comfortable but not much protection. fullsize are a bit blocky but you're protected a lot better. like I said even when wearing fairly solid boots you can get hurt, so I'd go for the most protection possible

Latest posts

Back