EV the RX50

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DLay

Reaction score
Hey all, got my Motovert RX50 after 3 yrs of waiting and wanting one!

I managed to get a Ex demo 06/08 w/ 8kms on the clock, the last one in Perth for $2130, thats with 6month rego, repacked into a box and shipped 400km south of Perth.

Built it and broke it in the same night nd manged to clock up 84kms on it :p
Pretty much test drove it once and ripped the baffle and air cleaner off, for a UNI-Pod. Instant differance. Under its own power. By the end of the night it was doing 47kph MAX.

Next day we stripped the engine outa my Pitquad, shaved '140CM3' stamp off & resprayed the head of the Lifan, bolted in no worries, doctored the wiring and mounted clutch perch (very short, inditcator/mirror perch dont leave much room). No more neutral light & elec start but :C Used same gearing as stock RX50 engine had and now pulls 70kph Maxed out under its own steam. (using stock exhaust w/o baffle and high rev CDI).

Went into DPI and changed Engine Numbers with no problems at all. I was worried that they would run the 140's Eng. Numbers and realise it wasnt a 49cc, however it went thru no worries.

The only letters on my Gov. supplied plates were 'EV', we'v all decided its definatly a 'female' bike, so she got dubbed EV.

I love EV

Last edited:
Nice man! Makes me miss mine.. But I like living too much! Stay safe and enjoy it :) Keep the stock look... when you change the sticker kit and try bling them up it makes them look more like a joke when your on the road and attracts more cops! lol.

Im inclined to agree, the old black MV RX sticker kit was made by RINGMASTER, and they really are stunning. At first i was thinking UNIT mx kit or Fast50's but i think i might just keep it stock nd simple.

I love my truck, had it since i was 15. 1981 Ford Couirer trayback. With a MIGHTY 2l 40Kw diesel. Top speed of 132kph :p I love it none the less

Last edited:
2 flat rear tyres in under 20hrs, magnito has almost given out nd its blowing hardcore white smoke. 140lifans reached the end of its life i think. :c 3 ute rescuse in 2 days. Almsot got mobbed by coons waiting for pick up too which was fun.

However the rest of the RX is holding up without fail! Very impressed

Yeh boy. 20hp would be nice! Might make it harder to convince cops its a 49cc but :p Im thinkin XY150, 16hp motor with a short stroke. Make it Rev hardcore

You dont need a motorbike licence for these do you?

im buying an rx! put a 175z in her :D

Now that is spot on lol. 175 in an rx would be perfect. Plenty of go to get you outta tricky situations but not to worked off its tits that its going to fail on your when your miles from home! Only issue with 175's are they a hardcore petrol suckers, you'd need a bigger tank ha ha

Now that is spot on lol. 175 in an rx would be perfect. Plenty of go to get you outta tricky situations but not to worked off its tits that its going to fail on your when your miles from home! Only issue with 175's are they a hardcore petrol suckers, you'd need a bigger tank ha ha

already got it coverd, i'll just fill my camel pack with petrol :banana:

i wouldnt put a fully worked engine it, because last thing i want is to be riding a hand grenade lol

In WA all u need is a Moped/ Scooter lic. (anything under 49cc 2t or 4t) or your car P plates/ above if its an RX50. RX125 you need 250cc bike lic.

**** JUST THREW ME OFF!!!

Bolted 140 exhaust on. Decided to go for a quick ride in jeans nd t-shirt (helmet/ gloves of course). Laid it into a round about at 30kph nd th bithc compression locked up, spat oil out somewhere nd put me off the back sideways!!!

I got boo boo's :(

No damage to bike except grip and pegs a bit ground down.

Attachments

• 05022011(004).jpg
    05022011(004).jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 05022011(008).jpg
    05022011(008).jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 05022011(010).jpg
    05022011(010).jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 05022011(006).jpg
    05022011(006).jpg