Ever Heard Of This?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyunt

Reaction score
Hey has anyone ever heard on the back shock wearing out or the back shock mount wearing out on the Atomik pro X? Because the guy at the bike shop said it was a problem on the Atomik Pro X! He said it was because the bolt doesn't fit properly!!! He tried to charge me $70 (i said no)

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Everything what gets a hard beating wears out....I am not common with the model but if the shock got this stupid rubberjoints its easy to fu** it up....you should change to real bearings and I guess 70 bucks to do it with material is not too much!;)

They have a rubber bush and if you do the bolts up tight the bush will wear out in the first ride! Just leave it a tiny bit loose and it will be fine. The nut is a lock nut so it wont fall off. Oh and grease up the bolt.;)

I also think $70 is pretty reasonable to fix if that includes swapping out the rubber bushings for bearings.

i once did some work on a mates atomic, one of the older models, and yeah the top shock bolt is WAY to small for the shocky, and for the wholes in the frame, to fix it i used a bigger bolt, the right size for the wholes in the frame, and made a bigger bush for the shock. i couldnt use the right size bolt for the shocky because you cant drill the frame, you can't get to it.

so yeah he's probably not shitting about what the problem was, but i don't know if he would have put $70 worth of time and parts into it, i don't know what bike shops charge these days.

if you buy a new shock without fixing the problem it will just happen again.

Last edited:
Don't waste $70 rebushing a shit shock. Put it towards a better shock that already has solid bushes.

mine hasnt worn out..
yet
but by what everyones saying i might look at buying a new rear shock..

Latest posts

Back