Exhaust Silencer - Kincrome Socket

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FiddyBasher

Reaction score
Hey People, just wanted to confirm......

I've just tried to silence my muffler a bit by putting a 27mm Kincrome socket inthe end plate, it works a treat definately no louder than a mower, no power loss (at least not noticeble in my backyard, how much power do you need in a suburban backyard anyway?) and i've got a straight thru (no packing) exhaust, so once i pack it, its gonna be quieter again.

I just have one question.... Will this type of mod damage the engine from getting too hot? like will it burn out valves etc?

Cheers Fiddy

wow never thought of that,if it works thats a prety simple method to silence ya bike,did you just jam it in or glue it in or nething?

I tried a socket in my crf50 exhaust but im afraid I'm going to blow a seal inside my engine or something. there is a definate power loss.

i dont care if the neighbour rings the cops, because they said my PITBIKE was non accessive noise, let alone a tiny CRF50

also if its your private property you can make as much noise as you want aslong as its between 7am and 7pm(thats in perth tho)

yeah i dont think its like that in adelaide (I wish it was)

I kinda want the cops to come to my house because i am riding a 50 for f*** sake, i swear if i had a weedwhacker the cops would have been over 20 times.

i want them to come over because they will tell the old bitch to stopp smashing on my fence.

I just banged it in, i'm gonna make something up at work tho thats a bit better looking.

The hours are actually 6am - 11pm (melbourne). I Know because (at my old place) the builders up stairs used to start and finnish then, and the cops couldn't do shit.
But its not really about the cops, its more to do with not wanting to piss my neighbours off (im getn old, i care about that shit), and also not wanting to advertise that i have a bike in case someone gets cheeky.

where exactly are u meant to put the socket? can someone take a pic please?
cheers

yeah i am also interested in this does it stay in ok? and i blew my packing yesterday (first ride ) lol co i am gona repak it with steel wool to see what happens cos thats what is in the zauster on my crf450 its a staintune so yer

I'll take a pic tomoro dude. Its basicly in the very back of the muffler, the end cap thing... i'm gonna pack mine with wool too, i just gotta figure out the inner tube since mine has nothing at all in it.

First pic is just the muffler, second the muffler and socket and third shows the size of the hole.

I dunno bout it staying in there but its perfect for the backyard.

Attachments

• Nuffle.JPG
    Nuffle.JPG
    9.5 KB · Views: 56
  • SilMuffle.JPG
    SilMuffle.JPG
    6.3 KB · Views: 61
  • SilEnd.JPG
    SilEnd.JPG
    5.5 KB · Views: 57
Yeah its kinda weged in there. I was thinking of maybe fixing it in there but i plan to make a new one from scratch anyway. (the beauty of being an auto machinist :) )

To make a cheap and easy exhaust restrictor for sound reduction, a alternate solution than a socket is a hole saw cutting bit. Possibly better because 1) the teeth cut into the inside of the muffler outlet pipe nicely so it'll never fall out. 2) lighter weight than a socket. My daughter's 70cc bike had a massive 39mm muffler opening. Stupid large for a 70cc engine. It was too loud. Corked it up in 30 secs. 15 to walk to my tool cupboard. and 15secs to tap it in with a hammer. :D

Last edited:
im interested to, i wanna silence my bike so i can ride on a reserve out the bak of my house and get no complaints! plz post a pik if possible

looks quite restrictive, why don't you buy a 2nd muffler weld the 2 ene to end both with packing all good hahah and then you can have a full socket set again

Latest posts

Back