Few Questions Regarding Air Filter and General Maintainence

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pit_bru

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Just bought my first motorbike. Its a 2009 Atomik Reign 125cc Bigfoot. The Bloke who i bought it off, his daughter rode it 4 times, then it sat in the shed for 2 years before selling it. After i bought it and road it alittle, i dropped the oil in it and replaced it. I also just bought a new Air Filter for it. Its a 38mm Uni-Filter one. Quick question though.

How do i get the Air-Filter to Stay on? I put it on, tightnen the locking-clasp thingy, and within 5mins of not riding it, its popped off. How tight can you tighten it. I dont want to crack where its attached.

Also is there anything you can suggest to do as general maintainance?? besides oil and air-filter.

Is it possible to adjust the suspension. Currently when i ride it and go over a bump, the exhaust sometimes touches the edge of the tire.

I will post photos soon if needed.

Thanks in advance.

i had the same problem with my unifilter. get a rag or cloth and wipe the lip of the unifilter so it doesnt have any of that oilly stuff on it. make sure you push it onto the carby far enough and point the filter down so water doesnt get into the carby through it

try sanding the inside of the airfiler with light sandpaper so it isnt so smooth and whiping it down also

Thanks guy for the suggestions re air filter, will try them tomorrow once I get some oil for my new filter, that I forgot to get :facepalm:

Any suggestions for the suspension or suggested/needed maintainence?

Thanks

Could also put a little bit of hairspray on the inside of the air filter, slip it on and let the hair spray dry out causing it to stick. But try the above ideas ^^^^^ first lol

Yeah sandpaper trick works well, and don't over tighten the clamp, as this will cause it to slip off, or split it.
As for suspension maybe the old owner adjusted it for lighter weight, you can stiffen up the spring by screw up the big nut on the shock. If this doesent work the shock could be stuffed.

Could try winding up the rear spring. Did it on mine and it seemed to do the trick, but yea not great suspension...

Latest posts

Back