Filming techniques for best results?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MasterSpoon

Reaction score
Ok as most of you would have realized Squeeby, No_crf50_here and myself try get some footage of motards when we can. Now as we don't all have super expensive cameras the quality of footage isn't always the best in the world but its good enough in most cases but what have others done to get good footage?

I am tossing about the idea of fitting a camera under the rear section of my bike and getting someone to chase me so I will get a front on lap view of them. What other angles have others tried or think would just be pretty damn cool ? Remember the camera has to be kept out of harms way in case of a crash.

you can put a camera right infront of your face inside the helmet if its a streetbike style one with a visor as long as the camera is flat enough.

on youtube search "88hawaii" and look at his profile.

yeah Squeeby has done that a little bit, I use a MX helmet so that is not an option for me. Problem he has is the camera can tip forward a bit then it becomes fairly useless.

we taped a camera to the front gaurd of my mates z1000
that wasn't a good idea so we found out
but we rebuilt it and put on his shitpro and it was ok but the weight on the gaurd made it bounce so the footage is crap
we then strapped it in between the gap in his tapers real tight and we got some good shots from that

i personally get lots of footage from lots of differant angles like 2 hours will make a good 15min vid if ya lucky

from the motard vids i've seen the camera hasn't been manned so there's alot of looking at the same spot makes for most boring

just keep trying differant stuff

p.s you will neva find a good quality youtube thingy

These things are off the chain , I got a mate who's running one ,I'm after one soon...BROADCAST QUALITY , light as ,tough as extremely well made and waterproof ..... and for broadcast quality the price is very very cheap ....check Maddo's clip

Launch Helmet Cams : Home

Last edited:
I duct tape my camera to the barpad sometimes, looks great, would look great on a motard! especially since there arent any jumps so it should be fairly smooth.

Otherwise try to imagine what you would like to see in a video and try to make it like that, make sure you have a good view and fit a good amount in the shot and you're not too close/too far away.

I dunno bruz the launchcam is waterproof and I wanna get some tubetime and surfing footage as well ... weatherproof won't cut it .

I do exactly the same thing as 88Hawaii, stuff a Kodak V570 in my face :p Works really well but I fluffed it last week, will do it again this week properly. I know the motard demons are getting to Masterspoon, he needs his fix.

Why doesnt someone make a mount out of an old tripod and a hose clamp or some shit lol..

i use this on my jetski

PIC_0309.jpg

PIC_0315.jpg

for under 170 bucks to my door awsome

sound is avarage but i dont want sound

you can also mod these to fit a fish eye or a wide angle lens and still keeps it water proof

mount this sucker anywhere ya want
combine it with a quality camcorder and presto you'll be a film guru

2 gig card gets me an hours footage ,cheak out some of my youtube vids useing it

Ok as most of you would have realized Squeeby, No_crf50_here and myself try get some footage of motards when we can. Now as we don't all have super expensive cameras the quality of footage isn't always the best in the world but its good enough in most cases but what have others done to get good footage?

I am tossing about the idea of fitting a camera under the rear section of my bike and getting someone to chase me so I will get a front on lap view of them. What other angles have others tried or think would just be pretty damn cool ? Remember the camera has to be kept out of harms way in case of a crash.

I am using a VHOLDR camera/dvr, they claim its the has the best resolution for a sports helmet cam, and from my trails, i would have to agree with them.

The unit comes with a self adhedsive helmet mount (very hard to pull off!)

I resently uplaoded a shoot to the VHOLDR website, of a practice session at Kembla Grange, check it out VholdR Videos | VholdR

Prokart at Wollongong are now running races once a month and practice every Tuesday night for Mini Motard and Pocket bikes.

Does anyone know of anymore races held in NSW?

Latest posts

Back