finished LIFAN build (well sort of)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roost

Reaction score
hi all, just finished engine biuld up on a so called lifan 138cc now its a 143cc heres a list of things i have done:55.50x 59.5o
55.50mm high dome teflon coated piston (pin top to dome top is 7mm higher)
4mm off set crank pin( took some work to get it to fit) 4mm stroker plate
new piston sleeve (T top so there should be no movement even when its hot)
custom grind on cam( better than a G2 crower)
ported and flowed head
inner rotor kit
lightened oil slinger
extra crank case breather
head breather
26mm mikuni(jetted to suit)
drop manifold
billet oil cooler
and all the bling (engine dress up kit , billet catch can, braded lines)
the motor is an all up shift start in any gear. Goes VERY HARD will get some pics and maybe a vid up soon. The next step is to install a klx 110 cylinder sleeve so as i can go up to 58mm , but will run with this set up for awhile, the only down fall is i cant race it(being above 140cc) but it is damn fun

PART 2
110 3 valve now 123cc (56x50)
56mm piston(flat top)
major port work
lightened fly wheel
26mm mikuni
originally stroker kit was intended for this but it can not be stroked as the oil pump drive runs across the front of the crank and clearances are tight without off set crank pin, so that stopped that. I have not run this motor yet but it should scream with only 50mm stroke
Got a gpx i'm playing with now dont know what the future will bring , i'll get some pics up soon when i get time

yep, just to see how much better it was over stock and yes it is far better, only done it because i have a flow bench at work

Last edited:
What was the trouble had fitting the the crankpin?

Damn thats a fair bit more than i just did on my lifan build! well done, it must hook! Im stoked with the way that mine came out, just after a cam and HC piston now, then basically all done.

Sounds like an awesome build. I have just ordered a 54mm HC and a cam for my 3v, cant wait. Got to find someone to port it but one step at a time.

Linc

Last edited:
So how did you correct the cam timing?

had to add a link to timming chain which was not easy as i could not find a chain splitter to suit so i had to make one (but have found out that some pocket bikes run same chain and you can get a splitter) and modified chain tentioner spring and rod. I still dont think it is totally correct but it seems to work alright

Did you have your cam ground to suit where the new TDC ended up?

Latest posts

Back