first things to do to a 125cc atomic pro X (i want more power)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmcan

Reaction score
hey guys

i have just bought a atomic 125cc pro X obiously they are not the best quality bike but i want it to go faster and are looking for what performace upgrades to do ect.

i have alredy done
- new pro taper 50 bars
-taken the spark arester out of the pipe (suposebly lets air flow faster)
- and put locktight on all the main bolts that keep coming loose

i am defenetly going to.
-chang sprockets (16T front 34T rear)
- Buy a quality chain
- 1/4 turn throtel
- and posably put a diferent air filter on it

and i am looking at
A big bore kit (138 i think) but i dont know much about performance mods im not looking at spending more that $300 on performance so if u have any idears on what big bore to get or if i should do something diferent to the engin 2 make it go harder that would be gr8t
sorry for the spelling and abreviations :D

well i v been riding for 6 yrs but big bikes (ie my wr250) me an ma m8t saw the atomics on ebay 4 cheep ant thought they would just be a bit ov fun but then found out that there a hell ov a lot ov fun so now i wana make it faster

well i have been riding motos for 6 years but i have never been into minis. me and my friend saw the atomics on ebay and bought them as just stuff around bikes but now i know how fun they are i want my mini to be beter (go faster, jump higher, ect)

wouldn't it be beter to spend that $350 on upgrading the ducar?

nope.....a lifan would 138 would give u heaps more power than a modded ducar....no point in modding a ducar it wouldnt handel any serious mods IMO

ok so whare would i get a lifan 138 for $350? are you talking ebay price's and also do you know anything about the old 138's being 127cc or something, does it make a diferance wether i get the old or new moddel and is there price differance between the 2?
thanx heaps for ur help

It really depends on if you are handy with twirling spanners or not.

If you are confident you can handle a top end tear down and rebuild then you could fit a High Compression piston, swap the cam out for say a crower G2 (swap valve springs too), and do a mild port job on the head. Fit some heavier duty clutch springs with this lot and I assure you that the Ducar would smoke a stock Lifan 138 (127). If you shop smart then you should be able to do this for under $350 including a gasket set. If you want to spend a bit more, bore the barrel and up the capacity while your at it.

The Ducar still has a 27/23 valve head the same as the Lifan so you could def get one to make some power. If you do this make sure your kind to the transmission though as they are a weak spot in most all chinese motors.

good luck finding the sprockets you are looking for as they are rare as to suit the rear hub on these bikes. you can get 43T replacements and i think a 41T for about $90 which is a rip off for a $900 bike. so if you can find any under 40T (im looking for a 37T or there abouts) let me know. also how east does your bike mono?? i have chucked a better air filter and increased jetting which has increased my performance but my bike wont mono easily without dumping the clutch which sucks when my mates stocker (diff brand but still a china 125) will mono in third gear without even clutching (though it makes life a bit difficult when ur trying to rail berms and the front is lifting)

also how east does your bike mono?? i have chucked a better air filter and increased jetting which has increased my performance but my bike wont mono easily without dumping the clutch which sucks when my mates stocker (diff brand but still a china 125) will mono in third gear without even clutching (though it makes life a bit difficult when ur trying to rail berms and the front is lifting)

yeh mine dont mono i have to dump the clucth to do it. think cause the longer swingarm

piss of the ducar and get a lifan 125 or 138 motor oil cooled wack a big mikuni on it and walla!!

what sort of sprocket set up do you have.

what do u mean, teeth wise??
not sure about the front, 16 i think from memory and 43 on the rear but the problem is the hubs on these bikes, they are different to most other pit bikes

"they are different to most other pit bikes"

Its pretty much impossible to get a matching sprocket for the rear. I'm gonna get one from this place in adelaide that make sprockets. get a 37t made with the hub diameter drilled then i'm gonna get the bolt holes drilled at home pretty easy just got to get the time.

u dont need to get a new engine the ducars r good lfians r just more popular. the modes u said at the start would b gr8 :) 4 it

Latest posts

Back