fitted dhz 140 to pitpro outlaw

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rang mojo and they said they wont be getting any more in for a couple of months, but to keep shopping around i might find one somewhere else... the guy was pretty helpful and honest too

so any way i tried bending the clutch arm up and took a grinder to my old clutch cable to make it fit and she works! the lever action is pretty heavy now as expected, but it works. ill post a pic tonight.

will need to get a clutch cable made up, cost me 25 bucks in the past. gonna wait till this one breaks tho ;)

hey mate i was looking to buy one of them but can you tell me how far it is from the center of the the clutch arm near the dipstick to the mounting hole and how long the clutch arm is much appreciated.

hey ninetysix, i notice you are running your carb facing backwards, did u have any trouble mouting it this was as my twin spar doesnt seem to give me enough room and faces forward instead?? also does this motor have the oil cooler as i can`t seem to see it??

ill get some measurements later

my pitpro outlaw came with the carby facing backwards, and ive always known bikes to run them facing backwards. i cant see any advantage in pointing it forwards, its not like its gonna get any ram air effect or anything... there is enough room under the fuel tank for the carb and air filter... there air filter would be hitting the front mud guard if i pointed it forwards tho.... but if your current motor is like that then this should work the same? i used my old carby manifold and carby so just go with what ever works on your bike

yeah the motor came with an oil cooler and i have fitted it since taking those photos... just used a cable tie around the carby manifold and another on the ignition coils bracket. Doesnt look pretty, doesnt sit straight but it works... good enough for me ;)

Hey back on this... i know ya got it to work, but do you think you could flatten the clutch arm and grind a nice wide groove under the engine mount till ya hit the bolt up underneath and just run the cable under the mounting boss in its nice little groove. Wouldn't weaken the mount at all. Don't forget its a cradle frame as well.

could work, dunno, it works now as it is its just not great.

you can definately get hydraulic clutch setups that replace the whole clutch cover and bypass the problem altogether... but everybody ive spoken to says they are a few weeks/months away

Latest posts

Back