Flames, Glowing exahst, Backfiring

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right the carbie is off, fuel bowl surprisingly has no dirt in it, gave the jets a shot with compressed air. They looked fairly clean before i used the air on them, possibly the pilot had a little something in it but it may just have been fuel.

The jets are .100 main and .20 pilot.

Anything else i should be doing with the carb still off or should i have another go and see if that made any difference?

i think you will find that if most people pulled their pittys into a shed and started them up and let them idle their exhausts will glow aswell.... you will be suprised..

^^ When i say shed i mean a 8m by 4m garage. It's running too hot mate flames are firing out of the exhaust. You should be able to go for a 1 hour thrash and your exhaust wont be glowing red

5 min idol in an open door dobble garage my pipe was burning hot 8mins glowing, (107cm3)

i think that's your prob dude take it for a ride round the block its getting no airflow...

^^ thanks for that sunny. Maybe it is just me being paranoid now.

Rider. what should the pilot be? it's just what came stock with the bike

oh dont worry bout last post just was thinking it was a oko carb or somethin, but fake mikuni

^^^ No worries ill take it out for a 5 min ride tomorrow and come back see if it is glowing/throwing flames. That will tell me if i actually have a problem anymore or just causing it too overheat in my garage by reving it/holding the revs on without the airflow.

If i does, i guess it's back to the drawing board

^^ yeh sunny i took it for a ride today... no glowing :D. The new gasket fixed my problem, i was just creating another on by revving the bastard in a closed garage out of paranoia. Thanks for your help mate, and for going to the trouble of seeing what ur bike did in the garage. +rep to you

posted some new pics up today aswell on the last page of this thread

http://www.miniriders.com.au/minibike-reviews/25353-owner-review-dhz-dpro-160-2009-a.html

yeh, i did it to see how hot it would get i had the garage doors open but still glowed haha so i thought ide mention it to ya b4 you got pulling stuff apart

;)

told ya.... Air cooled motor not liquid cooled......glad you fixed it mate now u can go out and bash it..

Latest posts

Back