Flat spot in mid range.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agressive1

Reaction score
Hey Guys

I had installed a K&N Air Filter to my MSO Pro 140cc and have noticed that changing gears from 2nd to 3rd and to 4th that each change you do there is a dead spot its as if the bike is turning of and then all of a sudden regains its power. The air filter is for off road use, motorbikes in general and also marine use.

I have tried both thrashing it through the gears and just riding it normally and still no difference.

Tomorrow i will try the genuine air filter as i cant remember having the same problem.

Do you think it could be to much air and that the mixture (Carb settings) needs to be leaned out or richened?

Thanks
Dean

Too much filter oil?

May have to adjust your air/fuel to compensate for the more free flowing filter, not a biggie either way.

Thats what i was thinking but do i go rich or lean plus im still running the engine in i have only done just over half a tank.

Shes getting better air flow and leaning out when you open off idle. Things to look at are air/fuel screw, larger idle jet, faster needle taper, different slide cutaway and sometimes just cleaning up the intake system will eliminate problem.

Latest posts

Back