Flat Tray mini trucks?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tas

Reaction score
hey guys im thinkg of turning my 95 triton single cab into a minitruck but before i start working on it can some people post a pic of there flat tray minitrucks?
Here's a pic of it, it needs a bit of work
things i have done already are:
Kenwood stero
Kenwood 6x9
pionerr amp
sony sub
painted the tray
about to spray up mt interia
paint my rims black
i need to keep my farmers bars because of work
im going to lower it in a few week if anyone ekse has any ideas please let me know

DSCF1156.jpg

not a fan of them... but they do have a lot of potential.
Heres one of my mates

269020_10150676254595088_900980087_19419711_5108969_n.jpg

Gotta have wheel tubs if you do it ;)

yeah i would rather a tub but i have seen some nice ones. im looking out for a tub but a tray is handy

Hey mate, have you been on downundertruckin before? im SNEEZY on there and they help you out a lot with this kinda stuff.

I have the same Triton as you but with a long tub, you have to be careful with the tritons coz they are hard to lower. i slammed mine on the fron and the rear, lowered springs on front and 3" lowering blocks on rear. but because i use this for the bikes it was way to low, plus the front of the tritons have a kinda gaurd welded around the front springs, if you lower it it bottoms out on your bumper stoppers, even with them cut down, i got heavy duty stock height suspension now with bigger wheels and it handles great.

In my opinion, if you use it everyday and you use it for bikes i would leave it at its slock height, and get some big wheels with thick tread make it handle and feel a lot better.

Dont get me wrong, i luved it low but just wasnt practical =(

this is mine before when it was low
IMG_1654.jpg

and now, has wheels on the back now too.
IMG_1804.jpg

yeah im lowering it in a week or to im putting 2.5 inch blocks in it and i think i can just wind down the torsion bar for the front end? and i wish i had a tub haha your triton looks nice ;)

... Potential to be returned to stock and become a useful ute again ;)

You know what , i thought the same when my young fella got his stock hilux and said "dad"

i said nar your mad then its no good as a ute ? , but as it turns out , its heaps better cut and lowered as we did , now i can use it to carry my big bike around and i can load it on easy by myself , theres no rattling sides and i can see out the back to reverse the box trailer easy as ,

so now i actually like it :baaa:
i dont like the tubbed trays tho , thats just a wank

dont see the point in a tubb'd tray either you cant use the tray then.
A bit of lowering and basic things are all they need and are still practical...

You know what , i thought the same when my young fella got his stock hilux and said "dad"

i said nar your mad then its no good as a ute ? , but as it turns out , its heaps better cut and lowered as we did , now i can use it to carry my big bike around and i can load it on easy by myself , theres no rattling sides and i can see out the back to reverse the box trailer easy as ,

so now i actually like it :baaa:
i dont like the tubbed trays tho , thats just a wank

I can certainly see how that would work well, and your sons example is nice and clean, without being over the top like the tubbed little show pony I replied to ;)

I'm gonna stick to two wheels (or two plus two as the case may be)... I just confirmed plans with a bike trailer manufacturer, so I'll be able to tow the mini with my GSX1400 when I finally get it made (standard Bandicoot box trailer with a rail to place on it for when I have the box off) :D

/threadjack

... Potential to be returned to stock and become a useful ute again ;)

You'd be surprised.. there is a happy medium where a commercial ute can both look better, handle better and still be practical.
Much like Sneezy's

Yeah i was gonna get some 22s, when it was lowered, then when i realised i couldnt have a low minitruck and go riding at the same time when i got stuck on dirt mounds lol, im happy with it now, drives amazing, i drove it today when i picked up my bike and was great, the bigger tyres on the rims mean its a very smooth ride

All id do to keep it practical is, ditch those huge mirrors for something smaller and more streamline, chrome bumper and grill, cut and polish, maybe some 17" mags nothing over the top.

thats what im plaing to do pretty much,
where did you get your mirrors form?

thats what im plaing to do pretty much,
where did you get your mirrors form?

Should look quite nice in that case!

Remember to fill the mounting holes for the bottom of the mirror brackets too... Took me a few seconds to figure out why Snitchys son's had "speed holes" :p

yeah haha i think i just need to weld a peace of metal on the back side of it and then bog up the other side?

Latest posts

Back