flushing the oil sump?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pbk

Reaction score
g day all,

when ever i drain the oil out of the oil sump i can never get the last drop so after i while even when i put new fresh oil in sight gauge it still looks murky, so i was wondering if there is a safe way of flushing it out completely?

cheers

drain it immediately after a good ride so its hot and comes out easier,

and flush with 500ml of kero or petrol:) with the sump plug back in

repeat if necessary.

when i use kero i also fire it up for ten seconds. no more, and dont rev it...just to flush out the top end as well...
diesel might be better for doing this, its a bit more lubricative than kero...which is an abrasive actually...

ok thanks because i dont have diesel and not going to buy 500mls of it would it be better to use 2 stroke mixed fuel? and fire it up for 10 seconds let dry and fill it back up again with oil?

recomend not running it if you use petrol...just kick it over a few times, kill switch off.... remember petrol likes to go boom:p

but yeah, whatever solvent you have handy.

petrol being the cheapest.

also tilt the bike side to side a few times, get as much out as possible. then walk away for an hour.

replace sumplug, fill with oil:) done

hot water:confused: lol

i droped the oil out of my shit box the other day because it dosen't run any more and it was a metalic/grey colour??? what does this mean???

your engines rooted:p

somethings wearing out and you need a magnetic drain plug and to change the oil more often

also could just be clutch lining particles...

yeah i know shes rooted because she was running without an airfillter:eek: lol i got it for 300 so why not...

Latest posts

Back