fly wheel

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tombutt

Reaction score
Ive been trying to take my fly wheel off to replace my magneto as its broken but ive undo the nut and tried using a puller to get it off but it wont move. ive tried tapping it with a runner malet but still doenst wanna move. Is there anything ive missed here is there just the one nut holding it on?

yeah i was just wondering if there another way as im super keen to go riding this weekend and i have another magneto lieing around i can fit but of course no where is open on saturday

your pretty much shit out of luck ,the correct flywheel puller will get it of easy ,but being anzac day tomoz nothin open so your stuffed ,i would nt go smakin it ,it may stuf the crank then you have huge problems

yeah i figured i shouldnt really hit it hard and looks like no riding this weekend and the moral of the story is dont let your mates near your bike.

where would you guys suggest getting the correct puller from on the northside of brisbane?

could always try the use of a flame...heat the flywheel up a little with a nice hot blowtorch, keeping the heat away from the crank.... not that it will get damaged(its gotta get to about 400 degrees to lose its temper, you wont get it that hot), just to try and expand the flywhell only... and/or if you got a co2 extinguisher/ lighter gas or even brut deoderant handy(only one i know off that will make ice), spray that right on the crank to shrink it slightly... the heats the best option:) always works

Latest posts

Back