flywheel thread

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tubes380

Reaction score
tried getting my flywheel off today and it sys its a lf th on the flywheel which i take as being a left hand thread but when i tried to undo it (going clockwise) it wouldnt loosen and i was putting some seroius force into the nut.

so which way do you go to loose the nut is it clockwise or anti clockwise.

thanks in advance for any info

so ive been going the wrong way no wonder it wouldnt budge
thanks guys hopefully ill be able to get it off tomorrow

well what i say with my bike lefty loseny righty tightney. n it wrked for me :D

It should be right hand thread if its to tight to undo by hand get a rattle gun put it in gear and give it a quick hit it should come undone easy

It should be right hand thread if its to tight to undo by hand get a rattle gun put it in gear and give it a quick hit it should come undone easy

This is bad for your engine, only use a flywheel puller. a CRF50/XR50 one should do the trick.

yeh i got one of those but you gotta get the nut off first think im just gonna give it a quick hit tomma when i get the rattle gun. hopefully it works

anybody know how tight you go when i reinstall everything ie newtons or equil.

yeh the owners manual is in the bin cos they gave me one that had was for a 110 and the only info in it was how to ride carefully. otherwise ill just tighten it up to whatever and loctite it should be alright.

This is bad for your engine, only use a flywheel puller. a CRF50/XR50 one should do the trick.

Yes your right you should use a flywheel puller but as tubes said you have to get the nut off first and had to take my wr250 out to work to use rattle gun to get mine off. Tubes if you cant get it off just take motor or bike to the nearest mechanics and ask them to hit it with a rattle gun it wont hurt your bike. (well it didnt hurt mine) Good luck m8

Latest posts

Back