FMX Landing

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suzuki_Master

Reaction score
Hey, I have got plans for building a 2m high, 3.5 m long mini super-kicker freestyle ramp but need a landing aswell. My dad doesn't want me to get dirt so he suggested to make a steel one like the crusty demons have at their shows just smaller to suit my take off ramp. I was just wandering if any of you know how big it should be like what: height, length, width and that flat part at the top in case you come up short? And also, has anyone made one? and is yours portable eg. on a trailer so you can do shows or something? because that is what I am planning to do with my friend and hopefully a few others :D

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
your dads crazy... i hate metal / portable landing's, they are the work of the devil not to mention dangerous.

A non dirt landing is alot more expensive and dangerous, you're waaayyy better off getting dirt, read about it on FMXAus, I remember reading about it there.

A non dirt landing is alot more expensive and dangerous, you're waaayyy better off getting dirt, read about it on FMXAus, I remember reading about it there.

Hey Flarry. I know a dirt landing is more practical but I want to do little shows and stuff and it is pretty hard to move 25+ tonne of dirt around and don't think that the places that I am hoping to do shows at would allow me to. My ramp is almost exactly the same as a Super-kicker, as the super-kicker is 3m high with a constant curve radius of 6m, and my ramp is 2m high with a constant curve radius of 4m. So I do not need distance to do big tricks which will make it safer. And my dad really doesn't want me to put a massive pile of dirt in the middle of the yard.

So does anyone have any ways to make it safer (e.g. safety mat on front of landing)? And measurement e.g. Height, width, length etc.?

Thanks for the help.

hey i have an awsome mini bike freestyle ramp that me and a mate made we have the same problem no down ramp and few mates skared of it coz it hase a massive kicker on it is a bit less that 6 foot id say and about 3 meters long could be up fore sale at the right prise all depends on my mate! could get pics if interested but take a few days!

hey i have an awsome mini bike freestyle ramp that me and a mate made we have the same problem no down ramp and few mates skared of it coz it hase a massive kicker on it is a bit less that 6 foot id say and about 3 meters long could be up fore sale at the right prise all depends on my mate! could get pics if interested but take a few days!

i would be interested in the ramp & i'm a bit more local :)

i know someone with a 50 steel down ramp if you want ill ask him where he got it made/bought it and or ask for some dimensions?

i know someone with a 50 steel down ramp if you want ill ask him where he got it made/bought it and or ask for some dimensions?

Thanks redbaron199. Do you know what size his take off is? as I want one to suit my ramp height.

Thanks

I've used portable landings before ,make sure that it is steel as wood just becomes too rickety,strength is the biggest problem ,and building in strength while keeping it portable will mean cost is a big factor.
Dirt is the best but obviously not as portable,but maybe you could get a deal going with a landscape supplier to provide dirt as needed and then they could pick it up after the show and resell it with their incentive being FREE advertising at said shows.Just an idea hope it helps!!

I've used portable landings before ,make sure that it is steel as wood just becomes too rickety,strength is the biggest problem ,and building in strength while keeping it portable will mean cost is a big factor.
Dirt is the best but obviously not as portable,but maybe you could get a deal going with a landscape supplier to provide dirt as needed and then they could pick it up after the show and resell it with their incentive being FREE advertising at said shows.Just an idea hope it helps!!

Hey Goose, I would definitely make it out of steel. DO you mean that i BUY the dirt and they take it to where I want it and then they come and pick it up and sell it again? Or they GIVE me the dirt etc.? Becuase if i had to buy it each time, it would cost a fair bit and I am not sure if these places would let me put a pile of dirt there.

I am going to draw up plans for a landing tomorrow and my dad can get a quote for the whole landing. I was just wandering, how thick should the steel be for the lander? and how thick should the steel be for the tackoff?

Thanks guys for all of your help.

Hey Goose, I would definitely make it out of steel. DO you mean that i BUY the dirt and they take it to where I want it and then they come and pick it up and sell it again? Or they GIVE me the dirt etc.? Becuase if i had to buy it each time, it would cost a fair bit and I am not sure if these places would let me put a pile of dirt there.

I am going to draw up plans for a landing tomorrow and my dad can get a quote for the whole landing. I was just wandering, how thick should the steel be for the lander? and how thick should the steel be for the tackoff?

Thanks guys for all of your help.

Nah,didnt mean buy dirt was meaning more of a sponsorship arrangement,dont know how possible it would be was just an idea!!
Probably about 50mm square section for both frames,dont use steel for sheeting though as it will gradually dent in and form a dip/dips in landing,use a good marine ply,probably at least 25mm thick and use a paint sand mix to add grip.

I drew up a landing today. It is 2.5m high, 6m long, 1.3m of safety ramp (or what ever they call it) and 3m wide. I worked it out to be about 86m of steel not including the parts that go across underneath the ply. So it will be about 100m of steel in the end. I will try and scan a picture on tonight.

Here it is: (it is not exact as i had to fix it up a bit in paint because when i scanned it it was really light and hard to see)

RampandLander.jpg

hey hillz if your still interested in the ramp id sell it fore about 250 mabe and mums camara ran outa battery so only got it on my phone and dont have a asb cable so ill send them to ya if ya giv us ur number

the cross members that go under the ply is where you would chew threw the most metal, from building a couple or freestyle ramps, and skate ramps this what i have found, especially if you do it right and place them close together

Latest posts

Back