foot pegs

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r1_rider

Reaction score
i was wondering wether i should:

1. keep the stock foot pegs

or

2. get new foot pegs.

what are other people's opinons on the stock mini dirt bike pegs? do they break easily?

thanks

depends what they come with standard,
those fym? bikes had excellant standard pegs, it's those cast alloy one's that seem to break easily, but not always, i've seen mine break easily and my freinds cop a beating and stay together.

dirtbike001.jpg

that's probably the best pic i have of the foot pegs on my bike. what do u think?

i think that'd be good, AS LONG as your not trying to fly with it if you know what i meen.

i guess that depends on what you're planning on doing with it. as long as it stay relatively grounded i doubt you'l have an "unusually" large number of problems.
what kind of riding do you do?

i don't do that many jumps but i want them to at least be able to survive the fast 50's track at south morang, which has a lot of jumps about a metre high each

it's hard to say, you're footpeg mount might bed, you'll find out when you jump it. and you'r suspensions probably a bit soft, if you want to jump it you might want to adress these things. good thing is they are pretty much free, thicker shock/fork oil, spacers on the springs and weld some more material to the foot peg mounts.
and you might have a half cheap/reliable bike.

i don't mind the suspension on this bike, it's not that bad. i'm just hoping when i do a jump and then land, the pegs wont snap off andi wont get some sort of twisted wedgee :lol:

btw i used to have a welder but not any more so i cant weld extra stuff to the pegs

it'd help if you didn't weigh to much.
I think the main reason my peg's broke when jumping was that they hit the ground.

if your worried, take ya bike to a local welder and get him to brace them or use square tubing and weld ya pegs to that, seen it done b4 and rock solid foot pegs.

$30-$60 (here in sydney) it would depend on your location the foot pegs u have will take jumps ffs your only 65kg's that little bike would rip with you on it 8)

yeah it was i weigh 75kg thats an extra 10kg when u ride a big bike that weighs 105kg than u ride another bike that weighs that extra 10kg (115) its a big difference in how the bike handles

fair enough. i might still get the pegs rewelded some time later after they've been worn a fair bit though

yeh my pegs have recently bent 2, im getting my uncle 2 weld them up with steel when i go 2 visit him at his farm at bowral. ill have fun riding my dirt bike there. 8)

Latest posts

Back