foot rear brake into hand lever can it be done

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Divy

Reaction score
hey fellas,
is it possible to change my rear drum brake into a hand lever brake not foot pedal???

cause every time i land off a jump my foot steps down on the brake

yes i have one, fast 50's is the only place you can get one in OZ for like $200 for the kit, you can get 50stunt ones from the US but they cost a arm & leg
or you can make one if you have a soldering iron for like $50 but it won't last as long

Last edited:
yep its pretty simple to do you will need a rear drum cable and a lever ..have you a pic of your swingarm ? ................

he will need x2 leaver asembles
one for the hand & one on the swing arm to hold the cable
handbrakeuu9.jpg

how does the cable hold on to the rear brake an can it be connected with out the foot brake still on like yours stunt101??

my swing arm is like the one stunt101 just put up

From the pic it looks like you could just remove the brake pedal and bar, move the bracket further back on the swingarm and attach the rod through the swingarm.
I can't see any need for an expensive kit, I did the same thing on my race bike. Mounted the lever where the clutch lever normally sits and had the clutch lever hanging underneath the bar. Worked perfectly. :{)

how is the cable connected to that rod??
and once you pull the cable wont that rod get stuck in the black cable sleeve?
sorry for all the questions i just really want to do it without spending 230 bucks
any more pics ?? more pics the more i understand lol

Guzzi`s are the prime example in proportionate brake distribution and safety features.Park braking off the stand,Front to rear brake distribution

how does the cable hold on to the rear brake an can it be connected with out the foot brake still on like yours stunt101??

Yes, that is an advance twin brake set up, you won't need the whole foot brake, just run the cable from the lever assemble on the swing into the brake adjuster.

the only real work is cutting & soldering up the universal cable

convert to disc break set up and just by a longer break line to reach the front,

Will probably cost aroud $200 but will be a better break set up by far...

Just my 2cents

how do you connect two cables together??
could i use mountain bike cable or is too skinny??

you can get Universal rear brake cables $15rrp (i can sell you 1 if you carn't find any) then once you have set the length you cut it And solder on the nipple

does a universal rear brake cable have that shaft at the end??

when you say just solder the nipple back on do you mean solder as the same when u solder wires together?? will that hold??

also yeah if you got a spare one can i buy it from you

yes the very same, just make sure you do it well & it will hold,

i can have one in the shop by friday if ya keen

hey stunt101 do you know how much it will be to get it sent to melbourne??

Latest posts

Back