For around $1000, which bike?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deadsy

Reaction score
Hi,
I am looking at getting my first bike, I have a budget of roughly $1000 and atm the AGB-29/Apollo ProX/whatever other name these bikes are known by has me hooked. I will be getting it off Ebay...
Can anyone offer up any suggestions. Why should I/should I not buy this bike? Are there better bikes available in this price range?
Any help etc is greatly appreciated.

yea i think they are good bikes, heaps of people will tell you differently but i think the people that do tell you they are shit are the people that dont treat there stuff with respect. There are definately stronger, and better performing bikes out there but they also cost a lot more money. you could also look at the dhz's on ebay for around the same money, but in the end its all up to you.

Dave

get a pitpro over a dhz there is less you have to do out of the crate but they are slightly more expensive

its really up to you have a good look around and do some research into what will suit you and what features you like/dislike.

ive got a dhz i look after it and never have any problems alot beter then some of the other ebay bikes i have riden

yeh but the pitpro is heaps better and the seat doesnt kick you in the arse like the dhz does for some reason

DHZ suspension should be upgraded. Still awsome value.

My DHZ 138 is my third pit bike, The frame and motor are awsome but my old 125 DHZ has better forks, much stiffer and nice rebound dampaning. The forks on the new 138 are complete rubbish. Had to rebuild them from scratch because they were leaking heaps of oil. Springs were Way to soft and no rebound dampaning. Tried stiffer springs and this just made the rebound even faster to the point of top out. I tried 10wieght oil still same problem. Decided to upgrade to fast ace As o2's. The rear shock should also be upgraded if you riide hard. The 30ml carby also need a little tuning, unlike my 125. The clip on the needle was on the bottom position motor would not run well at all. Moved the clip to middle position motor running much better. I am 1200meters above see level, and I think my motor is running a bit lean on the main jet, 3/4 to full throttle. It seems to miss trying to get more fuel. My 125 just revs hard all the way no problem. As most of my bike mechanics over the years has been with 2 strroke's these little four stokes are quite intrieging to me. Is anybody having a similar problem, has anybody tried a bigger main jet in the 138 with 30ml carby? I still can't believe the chinese are making these little baby's so cheap. A friend as just brought a pro X and I must say it has great suspension, but The frame is not very roomy and unbalanced, the rear is to high.
Peace guys & girls ride on.
epod.

epod my front forks keept bottoming out so i put 20ml of extra shock oil in and used 5 10cent pieces in either side as spacers so far so good

why would u buy a bike of ebay? all i can say is you get what you pay for. do you want to ride your bike whenever or sit there looking at it wondering why it wont start. get a honda.

cracka50 is one of those typical honda50 boys who are depressed that a bike for 1k goes harder than theres that costs 2350 stock... cracka50, not all china bikes are shit and if they were why does everyone go to ebay to buy them. why do the majority of ppl on here own them.. correct me if im wrong but a thumpstar is china, a pitster is china, a FMR is china, a motovert is china. all high quality bikes at 3k and would still flog your honda...

back to deadsy, i would go for the pitpro man, from all i have heard they are solid out of the crate, also look into the agb-29 as that seems to be a nice soild bike too. it will also depend on what kind of riding your keen on, some bikes are better at stunting than others, some are better at jumping than others. this will also give us an idea as to what upgrades you should also look into for future refrence. let us know bro and we will give you all the help you need.

Cheers, Tony.

M8 I Would Go The Pitpro U Can Get The 138 Cc Pit Pro For 1k
Heaps Better Bike

Latest posts

Back